The Paradip Port Trust (Procedure At Board Meetings) Rules, 1967
Published vide Notification Gazette of India, Extraordinary of 1967, Part 2, Section 3(i), page 544 (w.e.f. 1st November, 1967)
G.S.R. 1669, dated 31st October, 1967. - In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 122 of the Major Port Trusts Act, 1963 (38 of 1963), the Central Government hereby makes the following rules, the same having been previously published as required by sub-section (2) of the said section, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These rules may be called the Paradip Port Trust (Procedure at Board Meetings) Rules, 1967.
(2) They shall come into force on the 1st November, 1967.
2. Frequency of meetings. - (1) A meeting of the Board shall be held at least once in every month.
(2) The Board shall from time to time determine the place, date and time of its meeting.
3. Calling of special meetings. - The Chairman may, whenever he thinks fit, and shall, upon the written request of not less than three Trustees, call a special meeting.
4. Circulation of agenda papers. - (1) The papers connected with the agenda relating to any meeting of the Board, except a special meeting, shall be circulated to the members at least three days before the date of the meeting.
(2) In the case of a special meeting such papers shall be circulated at least one day before the date of the meeting.
5. Discussion of items not included in the agenda. - The Chairman may, at his discretion, include for discussion at any of the meeting of the Board [except a special meeting,] any item not included in the agenda if the same is, in his opinion, of sufficient importance and urgency and cannot be held over for the consideration of the Board at any subsequent meeting.
6. Poll. - If a poll is demanded, the names of the Trustees voting and the nature of their votes shall be recorded by the President of the meeting.
7. Minutes of the meeting. - (1) Minutes of the proceedings at each meeting of the Board shall be recorded in a book to be provided by the Board for this purpose, which shall be signed as soon as practicable by the President of such meeting and shall be open to inspection by any Trustee during office hours and the said minutes, excepting such portion thereof as the Chairman may direct in any particular case, shall also be open to the inspection of the public at the office of the Board during office hours on payment of such fee not exceeding rupees five for each inspection as may be fixed by the Board.
(2) The names of the Trustees present at each meeting shall be recorded in the Minutes Book.
8. Adjournment of meetings. - The President of a meeting may, with its consent, adjourn it to a later date which shall either be announced at the meeting or communicated to the members at least three days before the date of the meeting.