The Dry Batteries for Flash Lights (Quality Control) Order, 1986
Published vide Notification Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part 2, Section 3(1), dated 9th December, 1986 (w.e.f. 1st April, 1987).
G.S.R. 1271(E), dated 9th December, 1986. - In exercise of powers conferred by Section 3 of the Essential Commodities Act, 1955 (10 of 1955), the Central Government hereby makes the following order, namely :
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Order may be called the Dry Batteries for Flash Lights (Quality Control) Order, 1986.
(2) It shall come into force on the 1st day of April, 1987.
2. Definitions. - In this Order, unless the context otherwise requires :
(a) "Dry Batteries for Flash Light" means a single unit packaged power cell ready for use appropriately jacketed and labelled and intended for use in flash lights;
(b) "specified standard" means the following Indian Standards/specifications;
3. Prohibition regarding manufacture, etc. of certain varieties of dry batteries for flash lights.
IS : 203-1984
Specification for Dry Batteries for Flash Lights
- (1) No person shall by himself or by any person on his behalf manufacture or store for sale, sell or distribute any dry batteries for Flash Lights which does not conform to the specified standard and it would be with ISI Certification Mark :
Provided that nothing in this Order shall apply in relation to export of Dry Batteries for Flash Light which do not conform to the specified standard but conform to any specifications required by the foreign buyer and such specification shall not in any case be less than the specified standard.
(2) The sub-standard or defective Dry Batteries for flash lights or raw materials or components which do not conform to the specified standard shall be deformed beyond use and disposed of as scrap.