The U.P. Avas Evam Vikas Parishad (Recovery of Expenses of Alteration or Demolition of Building) Rules, 1966
Vide Notification No. 541-H/XXXVII/-16(IX)-16-66, dated 20th October, 1966, published in U.P. Gazette, Part, I-Ka, dated October 29, 1966, p. 2859
In exercise of the powers under clause (kk) of sub-section (2) of section 94 read with sub-section (2) of section 82 of the Uttar Pradesh Avas Evam Vikas parishad Adhiniyam, 1965 (U.P. Act. No. I of 1966) the Governor of Uttar Pradesh is please to make the following rules regarding recovery of expenses of alteration of demolition or building:
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These rules may be called the U.P. Avas Evam Vikas Parishad (Recovery of Expenses of Alteration or Demolition of Building) Rules, 1966.
(2) The shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. Definitions. - In these rules unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or the context, "Act" means the U.P. Avas Evam Vikas Parishad Adhiniyam, 1965.
3. Recovery of expenses of alteration or demolition of building. - (1) After the building or any portion thereof has been altered or demolished, as the case may be, in compliance of an order made by the Housing Commissioner under sub-section (2) of section 82 of the Act, the Housing Commissioner may, by notice, require the owner of the building to pay the expenses incurred in so doing within the period specified in the notice.
(2) If the aforesaid expenses are not paid by the owner within the period specified in the notice, the same shall be recoverable as arrears of and revenue.