The U.P. Avas Evam Vikas Parishad (Fixation of Costs Payable In Proceeding For Eviction and Recovery of Rent) Rules, 1967
Published vide Notification No. 741-H/XXXVII-16(IX)(19) -66, dated September 27, 1967, published in U.P. Gazette, Part I-ka, dated October 7, 1967, p. 2214.
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These Rules may be called the Uttar Pradesh Avas Evam Vikas Parishad (Fixation of Costs Payable in Proceeding: for Eviction and Recovery of Rent) Rules, 1967.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. Definition. - In these rules unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context:
'Act' means the Uttar Pradesh Avas Evam Vikas Parishad Adhiniyam, 1965.
3. The costs to be realised from a person, who has been asked to show cause under sub-clause (i) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 69 of the Act, shall comprise the costs incurred by the Board on account of lawyers fees, if any, and service of notice or notices on the person concerned.
4. If the rent in arrears together with interest thereon at 6 per cent per annum and costs as aforesaid are paid to the Board by the person to whom a show-cause notice has been issued under sub-clause (i) of clause (1) of sub-section (1) of the section 69 within the time allowed, the prescribed authority shall discharge the notice and thereupon such person shall continue to hold the premises on the same terms on which he held them immediately before such notice was served on him.