The U.P. Avas Evam Vikas Parishad (Determination of Rate of Interest and Instalments For Recovery of Expenses of Improvement) Rules, 1968
Published vide Notification No. O-304H/XXXVII-26-HB-65, dated 20th August, 1968, published in U.P. Government Gazette, Part I-Ka, 31st August, 1968, p. 2493
In exercise of the powers under clause (m) of sub-section (2) of Section 94 read with sub-section (2) of Section 36 of the Uttar Pradesh Avas Evam Vikas Parishad Adhiniyam, 1965, (U.P. Act No. I of 1966), the Governor of Uttar Pradesh is pleased to make the following rules regarding determination of the rate of interest, and instalments for recovery of expenses of improvement:
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These rules may be called the Uttar Pradesh Avas Evam Vikas Parishad (Determination of Rate of Interest and Instalments for Recovery of Expenses of Improvement) Rules, 1968.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. Definition. - In these rules, unless there is anything repugnant to the subject or context "Adhiniyam" means the Uttar Pradesh Avas Evam Vikas Parishad Adhiniyam, 1965.
3. The rate of interest, which shall be charged by the Housing Commissioner from the owner of any building or land on account of the expens incurred by him in connection with the work of improvement carried out under sub-section (1) of Section 36 shall be nine per cent, per annum.
4. (1) The amount of expenses on account of such work of improvement with interest thereon shall be recovered in instalments in the following manner:
(a) amount up to Rs. 50 in one instalment in a lump-sum within one month from the date of service of notice of demand;
(b) amount exceeding Rs. 50 but not exceeding Rs. 200 in two equal quarterly instalments;
(c) amount exceeding Rs. 200 but riot, exceeding Rs. 500 in four equal quarterly instalments; and
(d) amount exceeding Rs. 500 in eight equal quarterly instalments.