The U.P. Board of Technical Education (Rotation and Term of Office of The Members) Rules, 1988
Published vide Notification No. 5500/Pra Shiksha 2-3(SB)-80, dated January 30, 1989, published in the U.P. Gazette, (Extra.), Part-4, Section (kha), dated 30th January, 1989
(a) Secondary Technical Schools, Girls Polytechnic and Diploma Institutions offering Technological Courses in Textile Technology, Achitectural Assistantship, Leather Technology and Printing Technology.
(b) Government Institutions offering Diploma courses others than those given in category (a);
(c) Aided Institutions offering Diploma Courses other than those given in category (a).(2) One Principal each from category (a) and (c) and two from category (b) taken from the said categories by rotation shall serve on the Board. (3) The Director of technical education Uttar Pradesh shall forward to the Boards the names of such Principals in the manner specified under rule 2 above. 3. Representation of Universities-Manner of Rotation [Section 4(i) (xv)]. - (1) For the purpose of representation by rotation on the Board in accordance with clause (xv) of sub-section (i) of Section 4 of the said Adhiniyam, the names of existing Universities shall be arranged in the following order followed by name(s) of University/Universites having faculty of Engineering or Technology, that may be established by law under an Uttar Pradesh Act:
(1) University of Allahabad, Allahabad,
(2) Kanpur University, Kanpur,
(3) Gorakhpur University, Gorakhpur,
(4) Govind Ballabh Pant Krishi Evam Prodyogik Vishwavidyalaya, Pantnagar, Nainital,
(5) The Avadh University, Faizabad,
(6) The Roorkee University, Roorkee, and
(7) Lucknow University, Lucknow.(2) At any five Universities shall be represented on the Board. In the first instance, the representative of five Universities shall be the members of the Board and on the expiry of their term the representatives of the Universities from serial numbers (2) to (6) shall be the members of the Board and thereafter on expiry of the successive terms the representation shall be in the order of serial numbers (3) to (7); (4) to (7) and (1) and so on. 4. Terms of Office [Section 6(i) (b)]. - The term of office of the members shall be three years.