The Uttar Pradesh Constitution of Departmental Promotion Committee for Post Outside the Purview of the Service Commission Rules, 1992
Published vide Notification U.P. Gazette, Partl-ka, dated 2-5-92, vide Notification No. 13-19-91-Karmik-1-92, dated 25-3-92
(a) "Agriculture Production Commissioner" means the Agriculture Production Commissioner of Uttar Pradesh and Principal Secretary to Government in Agriculture Production and Rural Development Department;
(b) "Chief Secretary" means the Chief Secretary to Government;
(c) "Concerned Department" means the department for which selection is being made;
(d) "Constitution" means the Constitution of India;
(e) "Departments under the Branch of Agriculture Production Commission or" means the following departments, namely;
1. Rural Development Department,
2. Rural Engineering Department,
3. Minor Irrigation Department,
4. Ground Water Department,
5. Agriculture Department,
6. Horticulture and Food Processing Department,
7. Co-operative Department,
8. Fisheries Department,
9. Animal Husbandry Department;
(f) "Government" means the State Government of Uttar Pradesh;
(g) "Governor" means the Governor of Uttar Pradesh;
(h) "Secretary Karmik" means the Secretary to Government in Karmik Department;
(i) "Selection Committee" means the Committee constituted to make selections for posts under the relevant services;
(j) "Service Commission" means the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. It includes the Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission also.4. Constitution of Selection Committee. - Notwithstanding anything contrary contained in any other rules or orders the Selection Committee shall be constituted as follows:
(a) for the post of Head of Department and Additional Head of Department in the departments under the Branch of Agriculture Production Commissioner:
(1) Chief Secretary.....Chairman.
(2) Agriculture Production Commissioner.....Member.
(3) Secretary Karmik.....Member.
(4) Principal Secretary and/ or Secretary to Government in the concerned department as the case may be.
(b) For the post of Head of Department and Additional Head of Department in the departments other than the departments under the Branch of Agriculture Production Commissioner
(1) Chief Secretary.... Chairman
(2) Secretary Karmik.... Member.
(3) Principal Secretary and/or Secretary to Government in the concerned department as the case may be. Member(s).
(c) For the promotion quota of the posts belonging to Group 'A' and Group 'B' as classified by Government from time to time, where no departmental Selection Committee for promotion is prescribed in any other rules:
(1) Principal Secretary and/or Secretary to Government in the concerned department, as the case may be.
(2) Secretary Karmik or his nominee, not below the rank of Joint Secretary to Government
(3) Head of the department of the concerned department and where there is no Head of the department and others not below the rank of Joint Secretary to Government nominated by the Secretary to Government in the concerned department. The senior most member shall be Chairman of the committee.
(d) For promotion quota of the posts belonging to Group 'C' including the posts in respect of direct recruitment quota whereof notification has been made under sub-section (1) of section 2 of the Uttar Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Commission Act, 1988:
(1) Appointing Authority... Chairman.
(2) Two gazetted officers nominated by the Appointing Authority having supervisory capacity of the posts for which selection is made.5. Nomination. - For the posts not covered under clauses (a), (b) or (d) of rule 4, where Secretary Karmik is a member of a Selection Committee he may, on his behalf nomination an officer not below the rank of Joint Secretary to Government.