U.P. Irrigation Charges (State Tube-Wells) Rules, 1994
Published vide Notification No. 4416/94-27-1-4-2-Rate-94, dated 18th October, 1994 and published in the U.P. Gazette (Extraordinary), Part 4, Section (Ka), dated 18th October, 1994
In exercise of the powers under Section 75 of the Northern India Canal and Drainage Act, 1873 (Act No. VIII of 1873), as amended in its application to Uttar Pradesh read with Section 21 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (Act No. X of 1897), the Governor is pleased to make the following Rules :
1. Short title, commencement and application. - (1) These rules may be called the Uttar Pradesh Irrigation Charges (State Tube-Wells) Rules, 1994.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the Gazette.
(3) They shall apply in relation to all irrigation charges (including charges for the Rabi 1402 fasli year) recoverable after the date of commencement of these rules.
2. Rates of irrigation charges. - The irrigation charges for the water supplied from the State Tube-Wells-
(a) for every 45,460 litres (10,000 gallons) during the period of Kharif; and
(b) for every 22,730 litres (5,000 gallons) during the period of Rabi, shall be 2.40 Rupees.
3. Rescission and saving. - The Uttar Pradesh Irrigation Charges (State Tube-Wells) Rules, 1983 are hereby rescinded without prejudice to the validity of any right, privilege, obligation, liability or action acquired, accrued, incurred or action taken thereunder.