Uttar Fradesh Judicial Officers (Retirement on Superannuation) Rules, 1992
Published Vide Notification No. 3967/2-4-92-45 (12)-91 (T.C.), dated 20th October, 1992 and published in the U.P. Gazette, Part 1-Ka, dated 3rd April, 1993
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution, the Governor is pleased to make the following rules regulating the retirement on superannuation of the Judicial Officers:
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) These rules may be called the Uttar Pradesh Judicial Officers (Retirement on Superannuation) Rules, 1992.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the Gazette.
2. Overriding effect. - The provisions of these rules shall have effect notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in Rule 56 of the Uttar Pradesh Fundamental Rules, contained in the Financial Handbook, Volume II, Parts II to IV or any other rules made by the Governor under the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution or orders, for the time being in force.
3. Definitions. - In these rules unless the context otherwise requires:-
(a) "Government" means the State Government of Uttar Pradesh;
(b) "Governor" means the Governor of Uttar Pradesh;
(c) "Judicial Officer" means a member of the Uttar Pradesh Higher Judicial Service or the Uttar Pradesh Nyayik Sewa or the Uttar Pradesh Judicial Officers Service.
4. Retirement. - A Judicial Officer shall retire from service on superannuation in the afternoon of the last day of the month in which he attains the age of sixty years.