Time and Form for Notifying Information under the Enforcement and Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 in Vital Statistics
G.O.Ms.No. 27, Health, Medical & Family Welfare (NI), dated 12-1-2000
Published in Andhra Pradesh Gazette, (Extraordinary), Part II, dated 10-2-2000.
In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 10(1) & (2) of the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969 (Act No. 18 of 1969), the Governor of Andhra Pradesh issues the following orders:
1. (a) Time and form for notifying information under Section 10(1):
1. M.P.H.A. (F)/ANM and MPHA (Male) shall notify births, deaths and still-births to the Registrar under Section 10(1)(i). They will obtain information of births, deaths and still-births occurred in their jurisdiction in Form Nos. 1, 2 and 3 during their field visits from the informants along with the signature of the informants and deliver them within 15 days from the date of occurrence of the event to the local Registrar who will register the events after due verification and if not registered earlier following the rules prescribed for registration.
2. It shall be the duty of a trained or untrained Dai to notify a birth or still-birth which she attended and Anganwadi worker and village servant to notify birth, death and still-birth under Section 10(1)(iii) either orally or in writing as the case may be with the following details to the Registrar within 15 days from the date of occurrence of the event.
Birth : Date of birth, place of birth, Sex of the Child, Name and local address of the Parents.
Death : Date of death, Place of death, sex, age at death, Name and address of the diseased.
Still-birth: Date of Still-birth, Sex of the Child, Place of Still Birth, Name and local address of the Parents.
Soon after the receipt of the information from the Notified, the Registrar will verify the registration of such event and if not registered, he will issue notice to the informant and obtain complete information required for the registration of the birth, death and still-birth as the case may be and take steps for the registration of the event.
(b) Certification of cause of death under Section 10(2):-
1. In case of a death occurred in a Government, Private Hospital, Corporate Hospital, Private Nursing Home, it shall be the duty of the Medical Officer or any Medical Attendant who attended the deceased to certify the cause of death under Section 10(2) in Form No. 4.
2. In case of non-institutional death in an Urban area, it shall be the duty of the Private Medical Practitioner who attended the deceased during last illness to certify the cause of death under Section 10(2) in Form No. 4-A.