Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Service Rules
Last Updated 28th May, 2019 [ap260]
In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 3 and Section 4 of the Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act, 1987 and in supersession of the Special Rules issued in G.O.Ms.No.3, Revenue, dated 2-1-1971, the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby makes the following Special Rules for the Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Service.
1. Short title. These rules shall be called the Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Service Rules.
2. Constitution. - The service shall consist of the following categories of posts in the Endowments Department:
Category (1) -- Commissioner.
Category (2) -- Additional Commissioner
Category (3) -- Regional Joint Commissioner including Joint Commissioner.
Category (4) -- Deputy Commissioner.
Category (5) -- Assistant Commissioner.
Assistant Commissioner includes the Executive Officers of the rank of Assistant Commissioner and any other officers of the rank of Assistant Commissioner. Deputy Commissioner includes the Executive Officers of the rank of Deputy Commissioners and any other officers of the rank of Deputy Commissioner.
3. Method of Appointment - The Method of appointment for the above categories shall be as follows. -
4. Reservation of Appointment. - In the matter of direct recruitment to the post of Deputy Commissioner (Category 4) and Assistant Commissioner (Category 5), other things being equal, preference shall be given to women and they shall be selected to an extent of atleast 30% of posts in each category of OC, BC, SC and ST quota, as provided for in GR 22-A (2):
Provided that if sufficient number of women candidates are not available such vacancies may be filled by men candidates.
5. Qualifications. - No person shall be eligible for appointment to the categories specified in column (1) of the annexure to these rules by the method specified in column (2) unless he possesses the qualifications specified in the corresponding entry in column (3) thereof.
6. Age. - No person shall be eligible for appointment to the categories mentioned below, unless, he is within the limits as indicated against each of the categories on the 1st July of the year in which the notification for selection is made:
7. Minimum Service. - No person shall be eligible for appointment by transfer or promotion unless he has put in the minimum service indicated against each category as in mentioned below. -
8. Probation. - (a) Every person appointed by direct recruitment to any of the posts shall be on probation for a total period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
(b) Every person appointed either by promotion or by transfer shall be on probation for a total period of one year on duty within a continuous period of two years.
9. Training. - (a) Every person appointed by direct recruitment to the post of Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner or Assistant Commissioner shall undergo, immediately after appointment, a course of training for such period and as per such programme and syllabus as may be prescribed by the Government from time to time.
(b) Every person appointed by direct recruitment shall, before the commencement of training, execute an agreement bond that he shall serve the Department for a period of three years after the completion of training referred to in sub-rule (a).
(c) He will be liable to refund to the Government the pay and allowance or any other remuneration received by him in additional to the amount spent by the Government on his training -
(i) if he fails to serve the Department for a period of 3 years after the completion of his training for any reason ; or
(ii) if he discontinues the training or is discharged from training course for misconduct or any other reason ; or
(iii) if he secures any other employment elsewhere than under the State Government.
(d) The period of training shall count for purposes of probation, increments, leave and pension.
(e) A direct recruit shall be eligible, during the period of training for the initial pay of the post with usual allowances admissible at the place of training.
10. Tests. - Every person appointed by direct recruitment shall pass the following tests within the period of probation :
(i) The Accounts Test for Executive Officers ; and
(ii) The Endowments Department Tests, Papers I and II.
11. Unit of Appointment. - For purposes of recruitment, appointment, discharge for want of vacancy, seniority, promotion, transfer and appointment as full member, the unit of appointment shall be as specified in the table below :
Provided that the posts of Assistant Commissioner in the Office of the Commissioner of Endowments shall be filled by transfer on tenure of the Assistant Commissioner from the three units specified in column 3 of the above table, equitably, for a period of not more three years at a time.
(See Rule 5)
(2) Method of appointment
(4) Deputy Commissioner
By promotion or by transfer
Must have passed a test in the Evidence Act, 1872 (Act 1 of 1872) and civil Judicial Test Part-II, if he does not possess a degree in Law.
(5) Assistant Commissioner
By promotion or by transfer
Must have passed Accounts Test for Executive Officers or Accounts Test for Subordinate Officers, Part-I and II. A.P. Endowment Department Test, Papers I & II.