The Assam Commissioners (Transfer of Powers) Act, 1947
(Assam Act No. 12 of 1947)
Last Updated 11th February, 2020 [ass102]
Published in the Assam Gazette of 1st October, 1947. For Statement of Objects and Reasons see 'Assam Gazette', Extraordinary, 1947, page 79.
An Act to provide for the transfer to other authorities of the powers and jurisdiction of the Commissioner
Preamble. - Where as it is expedient to provide for the transfer to other authorities of the powers and jurisdiction of the Commissioner ;
It is hereby enacted as follows :
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act shall be called the Assam Commissioner's (Transfer of Powers) Act, 1947.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the [State] Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. Definition. - In this Act, "the Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Divisions, Assam.
3. Transfer of the powers and jurisdiction of the Commissioner. - (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Assam Commissioners' Powers Distribution Act, 1939 (Assam Act I of 1939), the [State] Government may, by See [notification] in the official Gazette, transfer any or all of the powers exercised in any matter whatsoever by the Commissioners immediately before the commencement of this Act, and any jurisdiction vested in the Commissioner as aforesaid, to such other authority or authorities as may be specified.
(2) Every authority, to whom any power or jurisdiction is transferred under the provisions of sub-section (1), shall be deemed to be enabled to exercise the same power or to be vested with the same jurisdiction, in respect of the particular matter, as was exercised by, or vested in, the Commissioner.