The Code of Criminal Procedure (Third Assam Amendment) Act, 1984
Assam Act No. 2 of 1985
Last Updated 11th February, 2020 [ass133]
Published in the Assam Gazette, Extraordinary No. 13, dated 29-10-1985.
[Received the assent of the President on 16th January, 1985]
An Act to amend the Code of Criminal Procedure (Assam Amendment) Act, 1984 (Assam Act No. 8 of 1984)
Whereas it is expedient further to amend the Code of Criminal Procedure (Assam Amendment) Act, 1984 (Act No. 8 of 1984) hereinafter called the Act, in the manner hereinafter appearing;
It is hereby enacted in the Thirty-fifth Year of the Republic of India, as follows:
1. Short title, extent and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Code of Criminal Procedure (Third Assam Amendment) Act, 1984.
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of Assam.
(3) It shall be deemed to have come into force from the 13th day of October, 1984.
2. Amendment of Section 2 of Assam Act No. 8 of 1984. - In the Act, in Section 2, in Clause (b) (iv), for the words "one year", the words "two years" shall be substituted.
3. Repeal and savings. - (1) The Code of Criminal Procedure (Assam Amendment) Ordinance, 1984 (Assam Ordinance No. 6 of 1984) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, any action taken or any order passed or any proceedings commenced or anything done under the Ordinance so repealed shall continue and deemed to have continued and shall have effect as if taken, passed, commenced or done under the corresponding provisions of this Act.