Rules Under Section 22 of the Assam Opium Smoking Act, 1927
Last Updated 12th February, 2020 [ass225]
1. Things confiscated under the Assam Opium Smoking Act shall be disposed of by the Deputy Commissioner as follows :
(1) Opium, as defined in the Assam Opium Rules, 1945, shall be disposed of as prescribed in Rule 75(2) of those Rules.
(2) Chandu, madak, opium dross or the scrappings from the opium pipe and every other preparation or admixture of opium which may be used for smoking, and any pipes or apparatus for the smoking of opium or for the preparation of opium for smoking purposes, shall be immediately destroyed.
(3) All other things shall be disposed of by public auction.
2. Reward may be granted by the Deputy Commissioner or the Commissioner of Excise to persons contributing to the prevention of offences under the Assam Opium Smoking Act, 1927, or the detection or conviction of offenders against that Act, subject to such instructions as may be issued by Government from time to time.
These rules were published under the Assam Government Notification No. 1432-E, dated the 18th May, 1928.