The Bihar Maternity Benefit (Repeal) Act, 1962
Bihar Act 3 of 1963
Governor's assent published in Bihar Gazette Extraordinary, of the 12th February, 1962.
An Act to provide for the repeal of the Bihar Maternity Benefit Act, 1947.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Bihar in the Thirteenth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Bihar Maternity Benefit (Repeal) Act, 1962).
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of of Bihar.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Repeal of Bihar Act XXIV of 1947 and saving. - (1) The Bihar Maternity Benefits Act, 1947 (Bihar Act XXIV of 1947) hereinafter referred to as the said Act), is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, any Rule made or anything done or any action taken in exercise of any power conferred by or under the said Act, shall, in so far as they are not inconsistent with the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 (LIII of 1961), be deemed to have been made or done or taken under the appropriate provisions of the latter Act.