The Indian Medical Degrees (Bihar Amendment) Act, 1949
Bihar Act 20 of 1949
(1) 'Biochemic system of medicine' means the system of medicine founded by Dr. Schussler;
(2) 'Homeopathic system of medicine' means the system of medicine founded by Dr. Hahnemann;
(3) 'Indian system of medicine' means the Ayurvedic or the Unani Tibbi system of medicine whether supplemented or not by such modern Advances as the [State] Government may from time to time, have determined; and
(4) 'Western medical science' means the western method of Allopathic medicine, Obstetric and Surgery, but does not include the Indian, Homeopathic or Biochemic system of medicine."4. Amendment of Sections 3, 4 and 6 of Act 7 of 1916. - In Sections 3, 4 and 6 of the said Act, after the word "Western medical science" wherever they occur, the words "or the Indian Homeopathic or Biochemic system of medicine" shall be inserted and in Section 6 thereof for the proviso thereto the following proviso shall be substituted, viz:- "Provided that nothing in this Section shall apply to the use by any person qualified to practise Western medical science of any title, description or addition which prior to the 16th March, 1916, he used in virtue of any degree, diploma, licence or certificate upon, or granted or issued to him to practise such Western medical science." 5. Amendment of the Schedule to Act 7 of 1916. - In the Schedule to the said Act, after item 4, the following items shall be added, namely:-
6. The Bihar Sanskrit Association".