The Goa (Quorum in the Legislative Assembly) Act, 2001
(Goa Act 57 of 2001)
7-55-2001/LA. - An Act to provide for the quorum to constitute a meeting of the Goa Legislative Assembly at variance with the quorum provided for the Legislature of a State in article 189(3) of the Constitution of India.
Be it enacted by the Legislative Assembly of Goa in the fifty-second Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Goa (Quorum in the Legislative Assembly) Act, 2001.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the very day on which Rule 17 of the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business of the Goa Legislative Assembly came into force.
2. Quorum. - The quorum to constitute a meeting of the Legislative Assembly of the State of Goa shall be one-fifth of the total number of members of the Legislative Assembly.
3. Procedure for amendment of this Act. - (1) This Act shall not be amended except in the manner specified herein.
(2) A Bill for amendment of this Act shall, after introduction, be immediately referred by the Speaker of the Legislative Assembly of the State of Goa to any existing Committee of the Legislative Assembly or to a new Committee of the Legislative Assembly that may be nominated by him in that behalf.
(3) The Committee of the Legislative Assembly of the State of Goa to which the Bill has been so referred by the Speaker, shall make a report on the Bill to the Legislative Assembly, if it is in session, or to the Speaker, if it is not in session, within 60 days of such reference.
(4) When the Bill, thereafter, is passed by the Legislative Assembly and received the assent of the Governor, this Act shall stand amended accordingly.