The Goa Panchayats and Zilla Panchayats (Removal of Disqualification of Membership) Rules, 1997
Published vide Notification No. 15/DP/P/AN/RD/97, dated 9-4-1998
(a) "Act" means the Goa Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (Goa Act 14 of 1994);
(b) "member" means a member of the Panchayat or Zilla Panchayat and includes a co-opted member;
(c) "School" means a Primary School or High School or Higher Secondary School;
(d) "section" means a section of the Act; and
(e) Words and expressions used but not defined in these rules shall have the same meaning as respectively assigned to them in the Act.3. Removal of certain disqualifications. - A person shall not be disqualified for being chosen as, or for being, a member of the Panchayat or Zilla Panchayat merely by reason of the fact that he holds any of the Offices specified in the Schedule appended to these Rules.
(1) The offices of the Chairman of Corporations, either wholly or partly owned by the Government, Central Government or any other State Government;
(2) Employees of any Co-operative Society established under the Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act, 1960 as extended to the State of Goa;
(3) Teaching or non-teaching staff of any school or college which receives grants-in-aid from the Government;
(4) Members of the Goa Legislative Assembly; and
(5) The Office of the Chairman or any member of any Committee or body appointed by the Government. Provided that the Chairman or any member of such Committee or body does not receive any remuneration other than compensatory allowance.Explanation. - For the purpose of this entry, "compensatory allowance" shall mean the travelling allowance, the daily allowance or such other allowance which is paid to the holder of the office for the purpose of meeting the personal expenditure in attending the meeting of the Committee or body or in performing any other function as the holder of the said office.
|You will Never Need a Law Reporter or Back Volumes|