Gujarat Contingency Fund Act, 1960
Gujarat Act No. 4 of 1960
(First published, after having received the assent of the Governor in the "Gujarat Government Gazette" on the 22nd September 1960.)
An Act to provide for the establishment and maintenance of a Contingency Fund in the State of Gujarat.
Whereas it is expedient to provide for the establishment and maintenance of a Contingency Fund in the State of Gujarat;
And Whereas the Legislature of the State, by clause (2) of Article 267 and clause (2) of Article 283 of the Constitution of India, has been empowered by law to establish and maintain such Fund; it is hereby enacted in the Eleventh Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title. - This Act may be called the Gujarat Contingency Fund Act, 1960.
2. Establishment of the Contingency Fund of the State. - There shall be established a Contingency Fund in the nature of an imprest entitled the Contingency Fund of the State, in to which shall be paid from and out of the Consolidated Fund of the State of Gujarat a sum of [Two hundred crores of rupees].
3. Custody of Contingency Fund and withdrawals therefrom. - The Contingency Fund of the State shall be held on behalf of the Governor by the Secretary to the Government of Gujarat in the Finance Department, and no advances shall be made out of such Fund except for the purposes of meeting unforeseen expenditure pending authorization of such expenditure by the State Legislature under appropriations made by law.
4. Power to make rules. - For the purposes of carrying out the objects of this Act, the State Government may make rules regulating all matters connected with or ancillary to the custody of, the payment of moneys into, and withdrawals of moneys from, the Contingency Fund of the State.
5. Repeal of Gujarat Ordinance No. I of 1960. - The Gujarat Contingency Fund Ordinance, 1960 is hereby repealed and the provisions of sections 7 and 25 of the Bombay General Clauses Act, 1904 (Bombay I of 1904) shall apply to such repeal as if that Ordinance were an enactment.
Amended upto Gujarat 1 of 1998, dated 30-03-1998 (w.r.e.f. 03-06-1997)