The Himachal Pradesh Copying Fees Act, 1969
(Act No 27 of 1969)
For Statement of Objects and Reasons see R.H.P. Extra. dated the 19th September., 1969 page 860.
(Received the assent of the President of India on the 4th December, 1969, and was published in R.H.P. Extra., dated the 6th February, 1970 at pages 27-28)
An Act to facilitate the recovery of fees payable for copies made or supplied of records kept in offices under the control of Revenue, Judicial and other offices of Government in Himachal Pradesh.
Be it enacted by the Legislative Assembly of Himachal Pradesh n the twentieth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Himachal Pradesh Copying Fees Act, 1969.
(2) It extends to the whole of Himachal Pradesh.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Definition. - In this Act 'record' includes any portion of a record arid any document, plan, map or other paper attached thereto or forming part of the record of any suit or appeal, enquiry or trial or other proceeding in any court or office.
3. Mode of recovery of fees. - When any copy of any record has been made at the request of any applicant or his agent and such applicant or his agent has refused to accept delivery of the same or when any copy has been supplied to any such applicant or his agent, and the fee or any portion of the fee leviable for the supply of such copy remains unpaid, the said fee or portion thereof may be recovered from the applicant as if it were an arrear of land revenue.
Provided that a pleader presenting such an application on behalf of a client will not be held personally responsible where the application bears the signature or thumb-impression of such client
4. Repeal and savings. - The Punjab Copying Fees Act, 1936 (5 of 1936; as applied to Himachal Pradesh by the Himachal Pradesh (Application of Laws) Order, 1948 and as applied to Bilaspur by the Bilaspur (Application of Laws) Order, 1949 and the Punjab Copying Fees Act, 1936 in its application to the territories added to Himachal Pradesh under section 5 of the Punjab Re-organisation Act, 1966 (31 of 1966) are hereby repealed:
Provided that anything done or any action taken in exercise of the powers conferred by or under the provisions of the Act so repealed shall to the extent of its being consistent with the provisions of this Act be deemed to have been done or taken in exercise of the powers conferred by or under this Act, as if this Act was n force on the day on which such thing was done or action taken.