Himachal Pradesh Contingency Fund Act, 1971
(Act No. 9 of 1971)
Last Updated 6th June, 2020 [hp215]
For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see the Rajpatra, Himachal Pradesh (Extra-ordinary), dated the 19th April, 1971, p. 226.
(Received the assent of the Governor on the 3rd May, 1971, and was published in the Rajpatra, Himachal Pradesh (Extra-ordinary), dated the 27th May, 1971, pp. 421-424).
An Act to provide for the establishment and maintenance of a contingency Fund in the State of Himachal Pradesh.
Be it enacted by the Legislative Assembly of Himachal Pradesh in the Twenty-second Year of the Republic of India as follows: -
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Himachal Pradesh Contingency Fund Act, 1971.
(2) It extends to the whole of the State of Himachal Pradesh.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Interpretation. - In this Act, "the Fund" means the Himachal Pradesh Contingency Fund established under section 3.
3. Establishment of Himachal Pradesh Contingency Fund. - On the commencement of this Act, the State Government shall establish in and for the State of Himachal Pradesh a Fund called the Himachal Pradesh Contingency Fund in the nature of an Imprest Account.
[4. Constitution of the Fund. - The State Government shall appropriate a sum of rupees five crores out of the Consolidated Fund of the State and place it to the credit of the Fund.]
5. Purpose for which Fund may be utilized. - The Fund shall be placed at the disposal of the Governor of Himachal Pradesh, who shall not expend it except for the purposes of making advances from time to time for meeting unforeseen expenditure of the State pending authorisation of such expenditure by the Legislature of the State under appropriations made by law; and immediately after the coming into operation of such law, an amount equal to the amount or amounts advanced by the Governor for the purposes aforesaid shall be deemed to have been placed to the credit of the Fund and the amount so transferred or deemed to have been transferred shall for all purposes form part of the Fund.
6. Power to make rules. - The State Government may by notification make rules to carry out all or any of the purposes of the Act.
7. Repeal of the Punjab Contingency Fund Act, 1950 and the Himachal Pradesh Contingency Fund (Determination of Amount) Act, 1964. - The Punjab Contingency Fund Act, 1950 (13 of 1950) as applicable to the territories added to Himachal Pradesh under section 5 of the Punjab Reorganisation Act, 1966 (31 of 1966) and the Himachal Pradesh Contingency Fund (Determination of Amount) Act, 1964 (1 of 1964) are hereby repealed.
Amended by H.P. Act No. 19 of 1987
Amended by H.P. Act No. 2 of 1999