Haryana Contigency Fund Act, 1966
The Haryana Contigency Fund Act, 1966
Haryana Act No. 2 of 1967
Received the assent of the Governor of Haryana on the 31st December, 1966, and was first published in the Haryana Government Gazette (Extraordinary) of the 7th January, 1967.
An Act to provide for the establishment and maintenance of the Contingency Fund of the State of Haryana.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Haryana in the Seventeenth Year of the Republic of India as follows :-
1. Short title. - This Act may be called the Haryana Contingency Fund Act, 1966.
Amended by Haryana Act 26 of 1969
Amended by Haryana Act 26 of 1974
Amended by Haryana Act 17 of 1979
2. Interpretation. - In this Act, "the Fund" means the Contingency Fund of the State of Haryana established under Section 3.
3. Establishment of the Contingency Fund. - The State Government shall establish in and for the State of Haryana a Fund to be called "the Contingency Fund of the State of Haryana" in the nature of an imprest account.
4. Constitution of the Fund. - The State Government shall appropriate a sum of [ten crores of rupees] of the Consolidated Fund of the State and place it to the credit of the Fund.
5. Purpose for which the fund may be utilized. - The Fund shall be placed at the disposal of the Governor of Haryana, who shall not expend it except for the purpose of making advances from time to time for meeting unforeseen expenditure of the State pending authorisation of such expenditure by the Legislature of the State under appropriations made by law; and immediately after the coming into operation of such law, an amount equal to the amount or amounts advanced by the Governor for the purpose aforesaid shall be deemed to have been placed to the credit of the Fund and the amount so transferred or deemed to have been transferred shall for all purposes form part of the Fund.
6. Power to make rules. - (1) The State Government may by notification make rules to carry out all or any of the purposes of the Act.
(2) Every rule made under this Section shall be laid as soon as may be after it is made before the House of the State Legislature while it is in session for a total period of ten days which may be comprised in one session or in two successive sessions, and if before the expiry of the session in which it is so laid or the session immediately following, the House agrees in making any modification in the rule or the House agrees that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be, so however that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
7. Repeal. - The Punjab Contingency Fund Act, 1950, in so far as it is applicable to the territories within the State of Haryana and the Haryana Contingency Fund Ordinance, 1966, are hereby repealed :
Provided that anything done or any action taken in respect of the said territories under the Act or Ordinance so repealed shall be deemed to be done or taken under this Act.
|Statement of Object and Reasons. - Pursuant to Articles 267(2) and 283(2) of the Constitution of India this Bill seeks to provide for the establishment of the Contingency Fund in the State of Haryana dn for the Custody of the payment of money into and the withdrawal of money from such fund. It is proposed to place a sum of Rs. 75 lakhs to this Funds which will be administered by the Governor of Haryana. The advance will be resumed to the Fund as soon as necessary supplementary funds have been authorised by Haryana Vidhan Sabha through supplementary Appropriation ACts, or at the end of the financial year.
Published vide Haryana Government Gazetted (Extra.) dated 3.12.1966 (Agrahayana 12, 1888 Saka) page 56.