Punjab Khadi and Village Industries Board Regulations, 1958
Published vide Punjab Government Notification No. 1046-8DIB-58/20076 dated 23.4.1958.
The 23rd April, 1958No. 1046-8DIB-58/20076. - The following Regulations made by the Punjab Khadi and Village Industries Board with the previous sanction of the Governor of Punjab, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 35 of the Punjab Khadi and Village Industries Board Act, 1955 (Punjab Act No. 40 of 1956), are hereby notified in pursuance of sub-section (1) of the said section :-
Preliminary1.These regulations may be called the Punjab Khadi and Village Industries Board Regulations, 1958. 2.In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires -
(a) 'Act' means the Punjab Khadi and Village Industries Board Act, 1955 (Punjab Act 40 of 1956);
(b) 'Committee' means the Committee which the Board may constitute under section 11 of the Act.
Procedure and Disposal of Business at Meetings of the Board3. The Board shall hold an ordinary meeting on such date and at such time and place as may be fixed by the Chairman. 4. The Secretary shall send intimation of the date, time and place and also a copy of the agenda of the ordinary meeting to all the members of the Board at least ten days before the date fixed for the meeting. 5. A notice sent by ordinary post on the address of the member as maintained in the books of the Board for the ordinary meeting shall be enough. Telegraphic notice on such address may be issued in the case of special meeting. 6. (1) The Secretary [in consultation with the Chief Executive and] the Chairman shall convene ordinary meetings at least once in a quarter in every year; (2) At least one special meeting shall be called by the Chairman every year to consider and frame budget and programme for the next financial year in the month of July or August or as soon thereafter, as may be possible. - Special meetings can also be requisitioned if two-thirds of the members so desire in writing. The date, time and place of such meeting shall be fixed by the Chairman. 7. The Secretary shall send an intimation of such a special meeting to all the members atleast three clear days before the date fixed for the meeting and shall send a copy of the agenda along with the intimation. 8. Notwithstanding anything contained in Regulations 4 and 7, the Chairman, s[-] or other person presiding may place or permit to be placed for the consideration of the Board any matter not included in the agenda of a meeting of the Board on which the advice of the Board is required and the Board shall consider the matter at such meeting. 9. Every meeting shall be presided over by the Chairman or, in his absence, by the Vice-Chairman, in the absence of both, the members shall choose from among themselves a person to preside over the meeting. 10. Quorum at every meeting shall consist of 1/3rd of the total number of members of the Board : Provided that an adjourned meeting for want of quorum may be held without quorum to consider the agenda already circulated on such date, time and place as the Chairman may fix. 11. The Chairman may, with the consent of the members present, adjourn or postpone a meeting but no business other than the business left unfinished shall be transacted at any adjourned meeting and such other business of which notice was given to the members in accordance with the provisions of these regulations. 12. (1) All matters coming before the Board shall be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting. (2) In case of equality of votes, the Chairman, Vice-Chairman or the person presiding shall have and exercise a second or a casting vote. (3) All other points of procedure at any meeting shall be decided by the Chairman, Vice-Chairman or other person presiding. (4) Any resolution of urgent and important nature may be passed by circulation amongst members of the Board or members of the Committee with the approval of the Chairman. 13. The business of the Board shall be transacted from day to day as may be decided by the Chairman until the agenda is finished. 14. The proceedings of the meeting shall be maintained by the Secretary and shall be confirmed in the next succeeding meeting of the Board. 15. The Vice-Chairman while presiding over the meetings in the absence of the Chairman shall exercise such powers as may be delegated to him by the Chairman.
Formation of Committees for Discharge of Functions of the Board16. The Board shall appoint from time to time from amongst its members one or more committees under section 11 of the Act for the discharge of its various functions and duties. 17. The Chairman and the Secretary of the Board shall also be ex officio members of all the Committees. The Chairman may invite any other person to sit in any of the Committees for advice. 18. The functions of the Committees shall mainly be :-
A. Finance and Budget Programme Committee. - (i) Preparation of budget Estimates.
(ii) Procurement of finance.
(iii) Scrutiny of annual programme.
(iv) Watching progress of expenditure.
(v) Study and evaluation of progress made and results achieved.
(ii) All matters as the Chairman considers to be important shall be placed before the committee for advising the Board.]
C. Khadi Committee. - Consideration of ways and means to expand Khadi and Village Industries in the State.
D. Co-operative Advisory Committee. - Consideration of ways and means to expand Khadi and Village Industries in the State on Co-operative Lines.
E. Pilot Project Committee. - Consideration of work to be done in the Community Project Areas.19. The procedure to be followed by the Committees, for the conduct of its business shall be as follows :-
(i) The Committee shall hold a meeting as and when necessary.
(ii) The Secretary shall send notice of every meeting to each member of the Committee at least five clear days before the date fixed for the meeting together with a copy of the Agenda for such meeting.
(iii) Any member desiring to move a resolution at a meeting shall send a copy of the same to the Secretary at least seven days in advance.
(iv) Three members shall form quorum.
(v) All matters coming before the Committee shall be decided by the majority of the members present and voting.
(vi) In case of equality of votes, the Chairman or the person presiding shall have and exercise a second or casting vote.
(vii) The various committees appointed by the Board shall submit to the Chairman of the Board, a copy of their recommendations, who shall arrange to place the same before the Board as soon as possible thereafter for the consideration of the Board.
Remuneration, Allowance and other Conditions of Service of members of the staff of the Board20. [-] 21. The employees of the Board shall generally be governed by the same conditions and rules of service as are applicable to the Government servants of the State of Punjab possessing equal status. 22. The staff shall draw its salaries in accordance with the budget provision passed from time to time. 23. The benefit of the Provident Fund shall be provided for the members of the staff, subject to such rules as may be framed or approved by the Board. 24. The Board may take on deputation government servants on such terms and conditions as may be mutually settled with the State Government concerned.
Functions and Duties of the Secretary, Joint Secretary and other members of the staff of the Board25. The following shall be the duties and powers of the Secretary :-
(1) To arrange for holding meetings of the Board or its committees, maintain proceedings of the Board and records thereof according to rules and regulations.
(2) To act as convener of the meeting.
(3) To carry on day-to-day routine administration of the Board and its affairs particularly in regard to schemes, works or institutions run by or administered by the Board and exercise such powers as may be necessary in the proper discharge of his duties and responsibilities including examination of books of accounts, vouchers or other relevant registers by himself or any other official so authorised.
(4) To look after the property and other contractual obligations of the Board.
(5) To operate on the funds of the Board in accordance with the rules and maintain or cause to be maintained by his staff proper accounts of the Board.
(6) With the exception of such funds as may be provided in Regulations of the Board, to deposit cash with the State Bank of India or a Co-operative Bank or a Scheduled Bank with the approval of the Board.
(7) To purchase or sanction purchase of raw material required for any scheme, work or institution sanctioned under the scheme and also to purchase or sanction purchase of goods, instruments or sundry articles as may be approved in the budget or under the contingent grant, provided the amount does not exceed Rs. 10,000 and with the sanction of Chairman for an amount exceeding Rs. 10,000 up to the full limit of Personal Ledger Account.
(8) To engage skilled or unskilled labourers, etc., or permit the same to be engaged on daily wages as may be required under the scheme.
(9) To permit any building to be hired for carrying out functions of the Board up to Rs. 100 per mensem and up to Rs. 250 with the approval of the Chairman and above that with the approval of the Executive Committee.
(10) To appoint Class IV servants or terminate their services or make appointment of Clerks as stop-gap arrangements in consultation with the Chairman.
(11) To send the proceedings of the meetings of the Board to the Government of Punjab in the Administrative Department concerned under section 10 of the Act.
(12) To sue or be sued in the name of or on behalf of the Board.
(13) To assign duties to the servants of the Board working under it, subject to any general directions issued by the Board.
(14) To sign all the pay and contingent bills and also to sign the T.A. Bills of the non-official member and the servants of the Board.
(15) To incur such expensess as may be indispensable to run any scheme or institution in anticipation of the approval of the Board in consultation with the Chairman.
(16) With the approval of the Executive Committee to increase or reduce the staff employed in the various schemes or institutions in consonance with the increase or decrease in the volume of work so long as there is no notable loss.
(17) Duties of the staff working under the Board shall be assigned by the Secretary.
(18) To carry on any other work assigned to him by the Board.26. Subject to the provisions of the rules framed under the Act, the Joint Secretary shall exercise such powers and perform such functions as that of the Secretary when acting for him under instructions of the Chairman.