Haryana Municipal (Boundary Walls, Hedges and Fences) Bye-laws 1976
Published vide Haryana Government Notification No. GSR 72/..../76, dated the 2nd April, 1976, in the Gazette of 6th April, 1976
1. (1) These bye-laws may be called the Haryana Municipal (Boundary Walls, Hedges and Fences) Bye-laws, 1976.
(2) They shall apply to all the municipalities.
2. If any land or compound adjoining or abutting on any road or street or upon any property vested in the committee is allowed to remain unwalled, unfenced or unhedged, or if the walls, fences or hedges of any such land or compound are allowed to be or remain out of repair, the committee, may, by notice in writing call upon the owner or occupier of such land or compound to provide or repair, [within a period of thirty days of the receipt of the notice], the boundary wall, fence or hedge, as the case may be.
3. Where the owner of occupier referred to in bye-laws 2, is called upon to provide a wall, fence or hedge, the notice aforesaid shall specify the pattern of construction of, and the materials of which, such wall, fence and hedge shall be made or constructed :
Provided that the pattern and material to be specified shall not involve unreasonable expense or construction having regard to the circumstances of each case.
4. Where under these bye-laws any act is required to be done or authorised to be done or where a notice is required to be given by the committee, the same may be done or given on behalf of the committee, by the Executive Officer or the Secretary, as the case may be, of the committee.
5. Any person who commits, or abets the commission of a breach of any of these bye-laws shall, on conviction by a magistrate, be punishable with a fine which shall not be less than [two hundred fifty rupees] and more than [two thousand rupees] and when the breach is a continuing breach, with a further fine of [one hundred rupees] for every day after the first during which the breach continues.
6. All bye-laws relating to boundary walls, hedges and fences in force in the municipalities immediately before the commencement of these bye-laws shall stand repealed :
Provided that any order made or action taken under the bye-laws so repealed shall be deemed to have been made or taken under the corresponding provisions of these bye-laws.