Haryana Municipal Fire Hydrants Bye-laws, 1976
Published vide Haryana Government Notification No. GSR 74/...../76, dated 2.4.76
1. (1) These bye-laws may be called the Haryana Municipal Fire-hydrants Bye-laws, 1976.
(2) They shall apply to all the municipalities.
2. Fire-hydrants shall be erected by the committee in such position where they are easily accessible by the Municipal Fire Service.
3. No person shall use or attempt to use water from a Fire-hydrants for any purpose other than that for which hydrant has been erected.
4. No person shall make any kind of construction or place any obstruction in, or under the precincts of a Fire-hydrant so as to prevent its free usage by a Fire Fighting Unit.
5. The committee shall maintain a register of all such fire hydrants showing their location etc. The Fire Station Officer of the committee shall check this register once a month and shall record a certificate that these have been found in working order in every respect.
6. Any person who commits, or abets the commission of, a breach of any of these bye-laws shall, on conviction by a magistrate, be punishable with a fine which shall not be less than twenty-five rupees and more than two hundred rupees and if the breach is a continuing breach, with a further fine of ten rupees for every day after the first during which the breach continues.
7. All bye-laws relating to the fire hydrants in force in the municipalities immediately before the commencement of these bye-laws shall stand repealed :
Provided that any order made or action taken under the bye-laws so repeated shall be deemed to have been made or taken under the corresponding provisions of these bye-laws.