Haryana Municipal (Control on Import of Meat) Bye-laws, 1976
Published vide Haryana Government Notification No. GSR 106/..../76, dated 7.5.76
1. (1) These bye-laws may be called the Haryana Municipal (Control on Import of Meat) Bye-laws, 1976.
(2) They shall apply to all the municipalities.
2. No person shall bring into the municipality without the written permission of the Municipal Medical Officer of Health or any other officer authorised by the committee in this behalf, the flesh of any animal except for bona fide personal consumption by shikaris or other persons.
3. No flesh shall be permitted to be sold within the municipality unless it bears the official stamp of the Municipal Medical Officer of Health or any other person authorised by the committee. All flesh meant to be sold within the municipality shall be placed in a fly proof container with G.I. sheet lining on the bottom and top.
4. Any flesh brought into a municipality in contravention of the provisions of bye-laws 2 and 3 may be seized by the Municipal Medical Officer of Health or any other employee authorised by the committee in this behalf, and sold or otherwise disposed of, as the Municipal Medical Officer of Health may direct, and in case of such sale, the sale proceeds shall be credited to the Municipal Fund.
5. Any person who commits, or abets the commission of a breach of any of these bye-laws shall, on conviction by a magistrate, be punishable with a fine which shall not be less than twenty-five rupees and more than two hundred rupees, and if the breach is a continuing breach, with a further fine of ten rupees for every day after the first during which the breach continues.
6. All bye-laws relating to control on import of flesh in force the municipalities immediately before the commencement of these bye-laws shall stand repealed :
Provided that any order made or action taken under the bye-laws so repealed shall be deemed to have been made or taken under the corresponding provisions of these bye-laws.