Haryana Municipal (Stopping of Vehicles at Octroi Barrier) Bye-laws, 1976
Published vide Haryana Government Notification No. GSR 46/.../76, dated 19th March, 1976
1. (1) These bye-laws shall be called the Haryana Municipal (Stopping of Vehicles at Octroi Barriers) Bye-laws, 1976.
(2) They shall apply to all the municipalities.
2. Every person incharge of motor vehicles, tonga, tum-tum, cart or any other conveyance shall, if signalled to do so, stop it at the octroi barrier by which he enters the octroi limits of a municipality for the purpose of allowing the officer or staff of the octroi department of municipal committee to realize the octroi or to inspect the motor vehicle, tonga, tum-tum, cart or any other conveyance in order to ascertain whether any goods on which octroi is leviable are being carried thereon.
3. Any person who commits, or abets the commission of, a breach of any of these bye-laws shall, on conviction by a magistrate be punishable with a fine which shall not be less than twenty five rupees, and more than two hundred rupees, and when the breach is continuing breach, with a further fine of ten rupees for every day after the first during which the breach continues.
4. All bye-laws relating to stopping of vehicles at octroi barriers in force in the municipalities immediately before the commencement of these bye-laws shall stand repealed :
Provided that any order made or action taken under the bye-laws so repealed shall be deemed to have been made or taken under the corresponding provisions of these bye-laws.