Haryana Municipal (Prohibition of Scattering of Paper and other Litter In Public Streets) Bye-laws, 1976
Published vide Haryana Government Notification No. GSR 73/...../76, dated 2.4.1976
1. (1) These bye-laws may be called the Haryana Municipal (Prohibition of the Scattering of Paper or other Litter in Public Streets) Bye-laws, 1976.
(2) They shall apply to all the municipalities.
2. No person shall deposit or leave or cause to be deposited or left any glass, china, earthenware, tin carton, paper, victuals or any other articles or rubblish in any public place so as to create or tend to create a litter within the limits of the municipalities.
3. No person shall scatter or cause to be scattered hand bills, leaflets, paper or any litter from any vehicle in any street or public place within the limits of the municipalities.
4. No person shall deface or cause to be defaced walls, roads or other public places with balls leaflets or writings or with paint or otherwise within the limits of the municipalities.
5. Any person who commits or abets the breach of these bye-laws shall, on conviction by a magistrate be punishable with a fine which shall not be less than twenty-five rupees and more than two hundred rupees, and when the breach is continuing one with a further fine of ten rupees for every day after the first during which the breach continues.
6. Any bye-laws relating to scattering of paper or other litter in public streets in force in the municipalities, immediately before the commencement of these bye-laws, shall stand repealed:
Provided that any order made or action taken under the bye-laws so repealed shall be deemed to have been made or taken under the corresponding provision of these bye-laws.