Haryana Municipal Ownerless and Stray Cattle Bye-laws, 1976
Published vide Haryana Government Notification No. GSR 185/..../76, dated 6.8.76
1. (1) These Bye-laws shall be called the Haryana Municipal Ownerless and Stray Cattle Bye-laws, 1976.
(2) They shall apply to all the municipalities.
2. Any owenerless animal found straying within the limits of a municipality may be seized by an officer or servant of the committee, specially authorised in this behalf.
3. Any animal seized under bye-law 2 shall be kept in the pound and disposed of in accordance with the regulations in force for impounded cattle.
4. All bye-laws on the subject applicable to the municipalities immediately before the commencement of these bye-laws shall stand repealed :
Provided that any order made or action taken under the bye-laws so repealed shall be deemed to have been made or taken under the corresponding provisions of these bye-laws.