Jharkhand District Act, 2001
Act 25 of 1992
Assented to by the Governor on 31.8.1992.
>kj[kaM ljdkj] dkfeZd] iz'kklfud lq/kkj ,oa jktHkk"kk foHkkx] vf/klwpuk la[;k 7 iz0bZ0iq0&707@2001&945] fnukad 4 vizSy] 2001&fcgkj iquxZBu vf/kfu;e dh /kkjk 85 esa iznRr 'kfDr;ksa dk iz;ksx djrs gq, >kj[k.M jkT;iky] fcgkj ftyk vf/kfu;e] 1992 dks fuEor~ ;Fkk la'kksf/kr :i esa vaxhd`r :i esa vaxhd`r djrs gSa%&
1. ;g vf/kfu;e >kj[k.M ftyk vf/kfu;e] 2001 dgyk;sxkA
2. mDr vf/kfu;e esa fcgkj 'kCn ds LFkku ij
" 'kCn i<+k tk;sxkA
An Act to create commissionary district and sub-division and to alter its limits.
Be it enacted by the Legislature of the State of Bihar in the forty-third year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short title, extent and commencement.
- (1) This Act may be called the Jharkhand District Act, 2001.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of the State of Jharkhand.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
2. Power to create commissionary, district and sub-division.
|Objects and Reasons. - The Government of Jharkhand creates commissionary, districts and sub-divisions and alters their jurisdictions under the Bengal District Act, 1836 and the Bengal District Act, 1864. The State of Bihar has no Act of its own for the purpose. And as such it is necessary for the State Government to have its own enactment on this subject. For this purpose necessary provisions have been made in this Bill, enactment of which is the object of this Bill.
- The State Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, create commissionary, district ans sub-division in the State of Jharkhand.
3. Power to alter the limits.
- The State Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, alter the limits of the existing commissionary, district and subdivision in any part of the State.
4. Repeal and savings.
- (1) The Bengal District Act, 1836 (Bengal Act 21 of 1836) and the Bengal District Act, 1864 (Bengal Act 4 of 1864) are hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said acts (including any rule made, order passed or notification issued) shall be deemed to have been done or taken under this Act as if this Act were inforce on the date on which such thing or action was done or taken.