The Jammu and Kashmir Obsolete Laws (Repeal) Act, 2010
Act No. 27 of 2010
(a) the previous operation of, or anything duly done or suffered under, the repealed Law, Ordinance, Rule, Resolution or Circular; or
(b) any penalty or punishment incurred in respect of any offence under the repealed Law, Ordinance, Rule, Resolution or Circular ; or
(c) any legal proceeding or remedy in respect of any such obligation, liability, penalty or punishment as aforesaid,and, any such legal proceeding or remedy may be continued or enforced and any such penalty or punishment may be imposed as if such Law, Ordinance, Rule, Resolution or Circular had not been repealed. (3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (2) or in any other law for the time being in force, no court shall take cognizance of an offence under the Law, Ordinance, Rule, Resolution or Circular so repealed from the date of commencement of this Act.
[See section 2(1)]
1. Apostate Inheritance Law Circular No. 107 of 1892.
2. Prohibition of Hypothecation of Human Being in lieu of a Debt (Council Resolution No. 37 of 1893).
3. Rules regarding use of Floating Skins, Samvat 1946 (Council Resolution No. 41).
4. Rules placing restrictions on Removal of Females from Baltistan No. 8 of 1858.
5. Dissuading Persons from Military and Police Service Made Penal, Samvat 1974.
6. The Public Prostitutes Registration Rules, Samvat 1977.
7. The Jammu and Kashmir Collective Fines Ordinance, Samvat 1999 (Ordinance No. V of 1999).
8. The Restoration of Property Ordinance, Samvat 2004 (Ordinance No. XXIX of 2004).
9. The Jammu ad Kashmir (Realization of Share of Produce) Ordinance, Samvat 2005 (Ordinance No. 1 of 2005).
10. Arrests and Detentions (Validating) Act, Samvat 2006 (Act No. 1 of Samvat 2006).
11. The Jammu and Kashmir Bhudan Yagna Act, 1960 (Act No. XXIV of 1960).
12. The Drugs (Control) Ordinance, Samvat 2006 (Ordinance No. VI of 2006).
13. The Jammu and Kashmir Civil Servants (Removal of Doubts and Declaration of Rights) Act, 1956 (Act No. XIV of 1956).