Jammu and Kashmir Supersession of Town Area Committees (Validation) Act, 1971
The Jammu and Kashmir Supersession of Town Area Committees (Validation) Act, 1971
(Act No. 20 of 1971)
[Received the assent of the Governor on 13th October, 1971 and published in Government Gazette dated 15th October, 1971 (Extraordinary)].
An Act to validate the supersession of certain Town Area Committees.
Be it enacted by the Jammu and Kashmir State Legislature in the Twenty-second Year of the Republic of India as follows :-
1. Short title. - This Act may be called the Jammu and Kashmir Supersession of Town Area Committees (Validation) Act, 1971.
2. Validation. - (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Jammu and Kashmir Town Area Act, 2011 or any rule or notification issued thereunder, the period of supersession of Town Area Committees Udhampur, Sopore and Baramulla as originally specified in the Notification SRO-417 dated 5th October, 1963, SRO-275 dated 2nd September, 1964 and SRO-476 dated 2nd September, 1964 respectively, shall be deemed to have been validly extended till the date of the commencement of this Act and every such Committee shall continue to remain superseded till such date or dates as the Government may by notification specify in respect of each such Committee.
(2) Any power or duty of any of the Committees aforementioned exercised or performed or anything done, any action or proceeding taken during the periods of supersession validated and continued under sub-section (1) above, by any person or persons purporting to act under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 50 of the Jammu and Kashmir Town Area Act, 2011, shall, so far as may be consistent with the provisions of the said Act and the rules made thereunder, be as good and valid as if such person or persons were duly appointed by the Government under the aforesaid clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 50 to exercise such power and perform such duty or to do such thing or to take such action or proceeding in relation to that Committee.
(3) All powers and duties of the Committees aforementioned shall continue to be exercised and preformed by the person or persons appointed by the Government and exercising such powers and performing such duties immediately before the commencement of this Act :
Provided that nothing in this sub-section shall prevent the Government from appointing any other person or persons under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 50 of the Jammu and Kashmir Town Area Act, 2011.
3. Bar to suit. - No suit or other legal proceeding shall lie in any Court against the Government or any person aforementioned exercising the powers and preforming the duties of this respective Town Area Committee during the period of supersession validated and continued under sub-section (1) of section 2 of this Act for anything in good faith done while purporting to exercise such powers or to perform such duties.