The Jammu and Kashmir Government Gazette Act, 1945 (1888 A. D.)
Act No. 12 of 1945
(Sanctioned by His Highness the Maharaja Sahib Bahadur in Council on 14th Phagan, 1945).
Whereas it is expedient for the better administration to start the publication of Government Gazette within the State, His Highness in Council is pleased to command as follows :-
1. This Gazette shall be called the [Jammu and Kashmir Government Gazette.]
2. It shall be [published every week on Monday unless [the Government] fix any other day in this behalf.
3. There shall be published in the Gazette-all Aims and Orders relating thereto duly passed by [the Government,] all Departmental Orders, Notifications and Circulars, appointments of Gazetted Officers and their transfers, leaves, dismissal and suspension.
4. [This Gazette will have as many parts as necessary.]
[ x x x ]
5. The Officer-in-charge of the press, shall be responsible for the proper and timely publication of the matters pertaining to each department and for the [correct reproduction] of every order printed therein.
6. [The notices issued by the Civil Courts in pursuance of the provisions of the law in force may be published subject to the payment of the charges at the rate of [twelve naya paise per line per insertion or at such rate as may be determined by the Government from time to time.] The charges shall be realized by the Civil Courts from the person at whose request a notice is issued and amount realized shall be remitted to the Superintendent Press.]
7. [Any member of the public may, on an application to the Officer-in-Charge of Press, get his advertisements published on payment of the charges at the rate of [twelve naya paise per line per insertion or at such rate as may be determined from time to time.]
8. [Copies of the Government Gazette shall be supplied free of charge to such officers and departments as the Government may direct.]
9. [Any person may subscribe to the Government Gazette on payment of subscription charges at a rate to be determined by the Government from time to time.]
10. All orders on the annual reports of Departments of the State passed by [the Government,] shall be published in the Government Gazette, if their publication is sanctioned by [the Government.]
11. Every entry in the Gazette shall be presumed to have been made under the orders of a competent authority. An order published in the Gazette may be proved to have been issued by the production of a copy of the Gazette in which it may be found printed.
12. The [Government] shall frame proper rules for the regular publication of the Gazette.
Amendments made by Act No. :-
X of Svt. 1966
A.L.O. 2008 (Svt.)
VI of 1959