Jammu and Kashmir Land Revenue (Validation) Act, 1988
(Act No. 5 of 1998)
[Dated 19th May,1998]
An Act to provide for validation of certain orders proceedings and Acts of Joint Financial Commissioner (Agrarian Reforms) Jammu and Kashmir under the provisions of Jammu and Kashmir Land Revenue Act, Samvat 1996.
Be it enacted by the Jammu and Kashmir Legislature in the Forty Ninth Year of the Republic of India as follows:-
1. Short Title, extent and commencement. - (1) This Act shall be called the Jammu and Kashmir Land Revenue (Validation) Act,1998.
(2) It shall come into force at once.
2. Validation of Certain orders proceedings and acts. - (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any law or judgment , decree or order of any court, all orders made, proceedings taken and acts done joint Financial Commissioner purporting to have been made, taken or done in exercise of revisionary powers as Financial commissioner during the period from 17-7-1986 and ending with the date : 30-03-1993, shall be deemed to be and always to have been validly made, taken or done.
(2) For purposes of Jammu and Kashmir Land Revenue Act, Samvat 1996(XII of 1996) and any other law for the time being in force, all orders made proceedings taken and acts done during the validation periods by the Joint Financial Commissioner shall be as good and valid as if a notification socially empowering the said officer to exercise such powers had been issued by the Government.
3. Ban to suits and proceedings. - No suit or other legal proceedings shall lie, or if instituted, shall be proceeded within any court against the Government or any other authority subordinate to it on account of or in respect of any such order validated by or under the provision of this Act.