Karnataka Parliamentary Secretaries (Functions and Duties) Rules, 2016
Published vide Notification No. DPAL 299 Ashara 2016, Bengaluru, dated 18.11.2016
Last Updated 7th December, 2019 [kar301]
(a) 'Act' means the Karnataka Parliamentary Secretaries Allowances Act, 1963 (Karnataka Act 15 of 1963);
(b) 'Concerned Minister' means the Chief Minister or a Minister to whom he is the Parliamentary Secretary;(2) The words and expressions used in these rules but not defined shall have the same meaning assigned to them in the Act. 3. Functions and Duties of Parliamentary Secretary. - The functions and duties of Parliamentary Secretary shall ordinarily be that as specified by the Chief Minister or a Minister to whom he is a Parliamentary Secretary which may be as follows, namely:-
(1) He shall be nodal person and also to assist in the legislative matters to the concerned minister.
(2) He shall brief the concerned minister the subjects which involves legislative matters and to act as per directions of the said Minister.
(3) He shall assist and advice to execute legislative duties of the concerned Minister on the floor of the House. So that the Business of the House could be effectively function.
(3) He shall assist the concerned Minister to co-ordinate with Leader of the House, Chief Whip and Law and Parliamentary Affairs Minister while executing the duties of both the Houses of the State Legislature.
(4) He shall execute functions and duties delegated by the concerned Minister in respect of legislative matters from time to time.
(5) He shall maintain secrecy and confidentiality during the execution of his functions and duties.
(6) Such other duties as may be specified by the Chief Minister or the Minister to whom he is a Parliamentary Secretary.