The Bombay Municipal (Extension of limits) Act, 1950
Bombay Act No. 7 of 1950
Preliminary1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Bombay Municipal (Extension of Limits) Act, 1950. (2) It shall come into force on such date (hereinafter referred to as the appointed date), as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint in this behalf. 2. Abolition of Municipalities and other local authorities. - Notwithstanding any law for the time being in force, all municipalities and other local authorities specified in Schedule I appended to this Act, are hereby abolished and the areas specified in Schedule II appended to this Act are hereby included within and shall form part of the areas subject to the authority of the municipal authorities constituted under the City of Bombay Municipal Act, 1888.
Amendments of Bombay Act III of 18883 to 34. [The amendments made by sections 3-34 (both inclusive) have been incorporated in the City of Bombay Municipal Act, 1888 (Bombay III of 1888)]. 35. Continuation of references to City of Bombay Municipal Act, 1888, in other enactments, etc. - Unless there is anything contrary in the subject or context, references to the [said Act] in any enactment, rule, regulation, by-laws, notification, order or any instrument shall be construed as references to the Bombay Municipal Corporation Act. 36. Certain Acts to cease to apply to suburbs. - Save as expressly provided by the provisions of this Act, the provisions of the Bombay District Municipal Act, 1901, the Bombay Municipal Boroughs Act, 1925, the Bombay Local Boards Act, 1923, the Bombay Village Panchayats Act, 1933, and the Bombay Primary Education Act, 1947, shall cease to apply to the areas specified in Schedule II appended to this Act : Provided that, save as expressly provided by this Act, the provisions of section 6 of the Bombay General Clauses Act, 1904, shall apply to the said enactments as if they were, in their application to the said areas, repealed by this Act.
1. The Bandra Borough Municipality.
2. The Parle-Andheri Borough Municipality.
3. The Ghatkopar-Kirol Borough Municipality.
4. The Kurla Borough Municipality.
5. The Juhu Municipality.
6. The Varsova Village (Proper) Panchayat.
7. The Varsova Beach Village Panchayat.
8. The Chembur Village Panchayat.
9. The District Local Board, Bombay Suburban District.
10. The District School Board, Bombay Suburban District.
11. The Bhandup Village Panchayat.
Part A1. The limits of the municipal boroughs of Bandra, Parle-Andheri, Kurla and Ghatkopar-Kirol and the municipal district of Juhu. 2. The undermentioned 28 villages of the Bombay Suburban District:-
11. Man Budruk
27. Asalpe (Asap)
Part BThe undermentioned villages of the Bombay Suburban District
5. Kopri (near Pawai)
6. Majas [as constituted by section 4A of the Greater Bombay Laws and the Bombay High Court (Declaration of Limits) Act, 1945]
8. Parajapur [as constituted by section 4A of the Greater Bombay Laws and the Bombay High Court (Declaration of Limits) Act, 1945]