The Bombay Building (Control of Erection) Regulation, 1950
Bombay Regulation No. 1 of 1950
[Dated 24th October, 1950]
A Regulation to provide for the control on erection and re-erection of buildings in the Scheduled areas in the State of Bombay.
Whereas it is necessary to provide for the control on erection and re-erection of buildings in the Scheduled Areas in the State of Bombay;
And Whereas it is necessary to provide for the aforesaid matter for the peace and good government of the said areas;
Now, Therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by sub-paragraph (2) of paragraph 5 of the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of India, the Governor of Bombay is with the assent of the President, hereby pleased to make the following Regulation, namely :
1. Short title, extent, commencement and application. - (1) This Regulation may be called the Bombay Building (Control of Erection) Regulation, 1950.
(2) It extends to the Scheduled Areas in the State of Maharashtra.
(3) It shall come into force at once.
(4) It shall apply only to buildings which are intended to be used for the purpose of a theatre, a cinema or any other place of public amusement.
2. Application of Bombay XXXI of 1048 to Scheduled Areas. - Section 2 to 14A of the Bombay Building (Control on Erection Act, 1948 (Bombay XXXI of 1948), as amended, shall, so far as may be apply to the Scheduled Areas in the State of Maharashtra.