Nagpur Municipal Committee (Reconstitution and Validation) Act, 1950
The Nagpur Municipal Committee (Reconstitution and Validation) Act, 1950
Madhya Pradesh Act No. 27 of 1950
For Statement of Objects and Reasons, see Madhya Pradesh Gazette Extraordinary, dated the 30th September, 1950, pages 1016-1017, For proceedings in Assembly, see Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly Proceedings, 1950, Volume X, pages 39 to 42, dated the 6th October, 1950.
[Received the assent of the Governor on the 30th October, 1950; assent first published in the Madhya Pradesh Gazette on the 3rd November, 1950.]
An Act to provide for the reconstitution of the Nagpur Municipal Committee and for purposes ancillary thereto
Preamble. - Whereas the Notification No. 5190-5879-M-XIII, dated the 26th November, 1949, issued by the Local Self-Government Department purported to extend the period of supersession of the Nagpur Municipal Committee;
And Whereas the High Court has determined that the said extension of the period was not valid in law, and has ordered the reconstitution of the Committee;
And Whereas in consequence of such order the Nagpur Municipal Committee has been reconstituted by the Nagpur Municipal Committee (Reconstitution and Validation) Ordinance, 1950;
It is hereby enacted as follows :-
1. Short title. - This Act may be cited as the Nagpur Municipal Committees (Reconstitution and Validation) Act, 1950.
2. Validation of the notification of the 26th November, 1949. - The Notification No. 5190-5879-M-XIII, dated the 26th November, 1949, issued by the Local Self-Government Department purporting to extend the period of supersession of the Nagpur Municipal Committee shall, notwithstanding the judicial decision to the contrary, be deemed always to have been validly made, and the validity thereof from the 18th December, 1949 to the 24th May, 1950 shall not be called into question in any Court whatsoever.
3. Validation of acts of Office-in-charge. - Any act done or omitted to be done by the Officer-in-charge of the Nagpur Municipality which but for any defect in the notification referred to in section 2 would have been valid, shall be and shall always be deemed to have been valid.
4. Repeal and savings. - (1) The Nagpur Municipal Committee (Reconstitution and Validation) Ordinance, 1950, is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the said Ordinance, the Committee reconstituted under section 2 thereof shall be deemed for all purposes to be a committee validly constituted under the Central Provinces and Berar Municipalities Act, 1922, and the appointments of the President and Vice-Presidents made and all things done and action taken under the said Ordinance shall be valid and shall be always deemed to have been made, done and taken validly.