The M.P. Adhyaksha Tatha Upadhyaksha (Vahano Ka Kraya Tatha Anurakshana) Niyam, 1975
Published vide Notification No. F. 4-61 (1) 73-21-A (PA), dated the 17th January, 1975, M.P. Rajpatra Part 4 (PA), dated 24-1-1975, p. 3637
In exercise of the powers conferred by Sections 5 and 10 of the Madhya Pradesh Adhyaksha Tatha Upadhyaksha (Vetan Tatha Bhatta) Adhiniyam, 1972 (No. 27 of 1972), the State Government hereby makes the following rules for regulating the purchase and maintenance of conveyances for the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker, namely :-
1. These rules may be called The Madhya Pradesh Adhyaksha Tatha Upadhyaksha (Vahano Ka Kraya Tatha Anurakshana) Niyam, 1975.
2. In these rules, "Act" means the Madhya Pradesh Adhyaksha Tatha Upadhyaksha (Vetan Tatha Bhatta) Adhiniyam, 1972 (27 of 1972).
3. The State Government shall provide to the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker a motor car for his use. The car shall be of value not exceeding [3,00,000.00] The car shall be of such make of such model as the State Government may, in each case, consider suitable.
4. The car with its accessories shall remain the property of the State Government. When the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker relinquishes his office, his car with its accessories shall be returned to the Secretary Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha.
5. No car shall ordinarily be replaced unless it has completed five years of service or has run a total distance of 1,20,000 kilometers in the case of a car above 20 horse power and 80,000 kilometers in the case of a car below 20 horse power :
Provided that a motor which becomes unserviceable due to any reason before it has completed five years of service or run a total distance as prescribed above, may be replaced after following the procedure determined by the Government, from time to time, for replacement of Government Vehicles.
6. (1) Charges for the maintenance and upkeep of the car shall be borne by the State Government.
Note. - Maintenance and upkeep of a car includes pay of chauffeur, registration, insurance fee including all taxes, all repairing charges including periodical servicing etc., and replacement of worn out parts including tyres and tubes.
(2) At the commencement of each month, the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker shall forward a certificate to the Secretary, Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha stating the total quantity of motor fuel purchased by him during the month immediately preceding, for use for the journeys permitted under Section 5 of the Act.
7. The Madhya Pradesh Speaker and Deputy Speaker (Purchase and Maintenance of Conveyance) Rules, 1957, are hereby repealed :
Provided that anything done or any action taken under the rules so repealed shall, unless such thing done or action taken is inconsistent with any of the provisions of these rules be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of these rules.