M.P. Civil Services (Determination of the Basis For Promotion) Rules, 1998
The M.P. Civil Services (Determination of the Basis For Promotion) Rules, 1998
Published vide Notification No. C-3-12-28-98-3-(1) dated 27th July, 1998, Published in M.P. Rajpatra (Asadharan) dated 27-7-98 Page 804
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India the Governor of Madhya Pradesh hereby makes the following rules determining the basis of promotion to the posts of Civil Services, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement. - These rules may be called The Madhya Pradesh Civil Services (Determination of the Basis for Promotion) Rules, 1998.
2. Scope and application. - Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions contained in the Madhya Pradesh Civil Services (General Conditions of Service) Rules, 1961 and anything contained in the service rules, these rules shall in respect of the State affairs, apply to all the persons appointed in the Civil Services and to the posts.
3. Determination of basis for promotion. - (1) Promotion from posts Class IV to Class III, Class 3H to Class III, Class III to Class II, Class II to Class II and Class II to Class I shall be made on the basis of "seniority-cum-merit."
(2) Promotion from post Class I to Class I shall be made on the basis of "merit-cum-seniority."
4. Amendment in recruitment Rules. - All rules regulating the recruitment to the State Civil Services and the posts shall be deemed amended to the extent as provided in these rules.