The Madhya Pradesh Civil Services (Special Provisions for Appointment of Women) Rules, 1997
Published vide Notification No. F. C-3-2-97-3-1, dated 7th February, 1997; Published in M.P. Rajpatra (Extraordinary), at page 94
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India and in supersession of the Madhya Pradesh Civil Services (Special Provision for appointment of Women in the Public Services and Posts) Rules, 1996 issued vide General Administration Department Notification F.No. C-3-11-96-3-1, dated 1st November, 1996 published in the "Madhya Pradesh Gazette" Extraordinary, dated the 1st November, 1996, the Governor of Madhya Pradesh hereby makes the following rules relating to reservation of posts in direct recruitment for women in public service and posts in connection with the affairs of the State, namely :-
1. Short title and Commencement. - (1) These rules may be called The Madhya Pradesh Civil Services (Special Provision for appointment of Women) Rules, 1997.
(2) These rules shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the "Madhya Pradesh Gazette".
2. Scope and application. - Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions contained in any service Rules, these rules shall apply to all persons to public service and posts in connection with the affairs of the State.
3. Reservation of posts for women. - Notwithstanding anything contained in any service Rules, there shall be reserved thirty percent of all posts in the service under the State in favour of women at the stage of direct recruitment and the said reservation shall be horizontal and compartment-wise.
Explanation. - For the purposes of this rule "horizontal and compartment-wise reservation" means reservation in each category, namely, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes and General.
4. Age relaxation. - There shall be age relaxation of ten years for women candidates for direct appointment in all posts in the services under the State in addition to the upper age limit prescribed in any service rules or executive instructions.
5. Power to remove difficulties. - If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of these rules, it shall be referred to the State Government in the General Administration Department whose decision thereon shall be final.