The M.P. English Stenographers and Typists (Training) Rules, 1967
Published vide Notification No. 2610-3422-1-(3)-67, dated 19th December, 1967, M.P. Rajpatra, Part 4 (Ga), dated 2-2-1968 at pages 106-107
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India, the Governor of Madhya Pradesh hereby makes the following rules for regulating the training of allocated Government servants working as English Stenographers and Typists in the State, namely:-
1. These rules may be called the Madhya Pradesh English Stenographers and Typists (Training) Rules, 1967.
2. These rules shall apply to all allocated Government servants who are working as English Stenographers and/or English Typists and who have not qualified themselves in Hindi Stenography and Hindi Typewriting.
3. In these rules, the "allocated Government servant" means a person in the service of a former State allotted or deem to have been allotted to serve the State of Madhya Pradesh under the provisions of Section 115 of the State Reorganization Act, 1956 and continued in the service of the new State.
4. Every allocated Government servant who is working as English Stenographer and/or an English Typist shall, immediately after the commencement of these rules undergo a course of training in Hindi Stenography or Hindi Typewriting in the Government Training Centre situated in his division; and shall, at the end of the period of training in such centre, pass the prescribed examination in Hindi Shorthand and/or Hindi Typewriting conducted by the Board of Shorthand and Typewriting Examinations. The period of training for an English Stenographer in Hindi Shorthand and Typewriting shall be one year and that for an English Typist, in Hindi Typewriting shall be six months. The period of passing the prescribed examination, shall be two years i.e. double that of the ordinarily permissible time allowed for other Government servants, from the date of completion of training. Those who have already taken the training but have not passed the prescribed examination or examinations shall be allowed two years time to pass the examination (s) from the date of these rules are published in the Madhya Pradesh Gazette.
5. The allocated Government servants of the age of 45 years or more shall be exempt from the training and passing the examination under these rules.
6. The allocated Government servants shall be promoted, subject to their passing the prescribed examination/examinations within the additional time; in other words, promotions or increments will not be withheld before the expiry of time allowed merely because an allocated employee has not passed the examination. Where the allocated Government servant does not undergo the course of training when proposed and/or fails to pass the examination prescribed within the additional time he shall not be entitled to draw his increment and shall not be eligible for promotion. In case he passes the examination after the additional time is allowed, he will be entitled for increment or promotion from the day he passes the examination.
[6A. Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing rules, those allocated Government servants who have completed ten years satisfactory service, may on the recommendations of the Head of the Department be exempted by Government from passing the prescribed examination.]
7. The various benefits that will accrue as a result of passing the examinations as mentioned in the GAD Memorandum Nos. 220-110-1-PC and 3033/CR, 372-1 (iii)/63, dated the 30th August, 1962 and the 4th December, 1963, respectively, and as mentioned in the Education Department Memorandum No. 6109/2071/XX-CC, dated the 17th December, 1962 will be available to the allocated Government servants upto the end of March, 1974. The benefits will not, however, be permissible to those who pass the prescribed examination or examinations after the period prescribed for the purpose.
8. If any question arises relating to the interpretation of these rules, it shall be referred to the State Government whose decision thereon shall be final.