The Madhya Bharat (Miscellaneous Laws) Repealing Act, 1954
M.P. Act No. 26 of 1954
Having been reserved by the Rajpramukh under Article 254 (2) of the Constitution of India, for consideration of the President, received his assent on 3-9-1954.
An Act to repeal certain enactments of the various Covenanting Slates of Madhya Bharat, which are still in force in different parts of Madhya Bharat.
Be it enacted as follows :
1. Short title, extent and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the Madhya Bharat (Miscellaneous Laws) Repealing Act, 1954.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of the State of Madhya Bharat.
(3) It shall come into force immediately on its publication in the Gazette.
2. Repeal of certain enactments. - The enactments specified in the Schedule are hereby repealed.
3. Savings. - The repeal by this Act of any enactment shall not affect any other enactment in which the repealed enactment has been applied, incorporated or referred to;
And this Act shall not effect the validity, invalidity, effect or consequences of anything already done or suffered or any right, title, obligation or liability already acquired, accrued or incurred or any remedy or proceeding in respect thereof or any release or discharge of or from any debt, penalty, obligation, liability, claim or demand or any indemnity already granted or the proof of any past act or thing;
Nor shall this Act affect any principle, or rule of law, or established jurisdiction or existing usage, privilege, restriction, exemption, office or appointment, notwithstanding that the same respectively may have been in any manner affirmed, or recognized, or derived by, in, or from any enactment hereby repealed;
Nor shall the repeal by this Act of any enactment revive or restore any jurisdiction, office, custom, liability, right, title, privilege, restriction, exemption, usage, practice, procedure or other matter or thing not now existing or in force.
(See Section 2)
1. The Indore Cotton Transport Act, 1930
2. The Indore Nukta Act, 1931.
3. The Hindu Inheritance and Succession (Amendment) (Adoption) Act, 1933.
4. The Indore Marriage Expenses Controlling Act, 1934.
5. The Narsingarh Nukta Act, 1935.
6. The Barwani Nukta Restriction Act, 1937.
7. The Indore Prohibition of Marriages between Old Men and Minor Girls Act, 1937.
8. The Indore Marriage Registration (and Child Marriage Restraint) Act, 1938.
9. The Gwalior Nukta Act, 1938 (Samvat 1994).
10. The Khilchipur Nukta Act, 1938.
11. The Sitamau Agriculturists House Rules, 1939.
12. The Sitamau Qanoon Tulai Ajnas Kashtakaran, 1940.
13. The Indore Highways Act, 1941.
14. The Rules to observe Amavasya and Purnima as Meatless Day, 1945.
15. The Indore Dharmdaya Act, 1946.
16. The Prevention of Extravagancy of Social Functions Act, Rajgarh State.
17. The Khilchipur Marriage Act.
18. The Khilchipur Marriage Expenses Act.
19. The Barwani Prohibition of Marriage Disparity Act.
20. The Barwani Act for controlling Marriage Expenses.
21. Indore Rules regarding Despatch of Substance for Chemical Examination.
22. Indore Rules regarding Vegetable Oil.
23. The Benchhada Rules, Indore.
24. The Muslim Dissolution of Marriage Act, 1939 (Adoption) Act, Narsingarh.
25. The Barwani Dissolution of Muslim Marriage (Adoption) Act.
26. The Rules regarding Haliyan, Dhar State.