M.P. Vidhan Sabha Karyawahi (Prakashan Ka Paritran) Adhiniyam, 1973
The M.P. Vidhan Sabha Karyawahi (Prakashan Ka Paritran) Adhiniyam, 1973
(M.P. Act No. 45 of 1973)
[Dated 28th October, 1973]
Received the assent of the President on the 28th October, 1973; assent first published in the "Madhya Pradesh Gazette (Extraordinary)", dated the 12th November, 1973.
An Act to protect the publication of reports or proceedings of Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly
Be it enacted by the Madhya Pradesh Legislature in the Twenty-fourth Year of the Republic of India as follows :-
1. Short title and extent. - (1) This Act may be called the Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha Karyawahi (Prakashan Ka Paritran) Adhiniyam, 1973.
(2) It extends to the whole of Madhya Pradesh.
2. Definition. - In this Act, "newspaper" means any printed periodical work containing public news or comments on public news, and includes a news-agency supplying material for publication in a newspaper.
3. Publication of reports of Legislative Assembly proceedings privileged. - (1) Save as otherwise provided in sub-section (2), no person shall be liable to any proceedings, civil or criminal, in any Court in respect of the publication in a newspaper of a substantially true report of any proceedings of the Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly, unless the publication is proved to have been made with malice.
(2) Nothing in sub-section (1) shall be construed as protecting the publication of any matter, the publication of which is not for the public good.
4. Act also to apply to Legislature proceedings broadcast by wireless telegraphy. - This Act shall apply in relation to reports or matters broadcast by means of wireless telegraphy as a part of any programme or service provided by means of a broadcasting station as it applies in relation to reports or matters published in newspaper.