The M.P. Vidhan Sabha Sadasya (Recovery of Dues) Rules, 1976
Published vide Notification No. 33435-AP-21-(2)-76, dated 8-9-1976, M.P Rajpatra (Asadharan), dated 8-9-1976 at pages 2742-43
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) and clause (c) of sub-section (2) of Section 9 read with Section 8-A of the Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha Sadasya Vetan Tatha Bhatta Adhiniyam, 1972 (No. 7 of 1973), the State Government hereby makes the following rules, namely ;-
1. These rules may be called the Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha Sadasya (Recovery of Dues) Rules, 1976.
[1A. In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires "Secretary" Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha includes any other officer of the Vidhan Sabha as may be authorised by the Speaker for the purposes of these rules].
2. A deemed note for sum due and payable by a member of the Legislative Assembly, towards rent of accommodation provided to him or charges or for any service rendered or any facility extended to him as a member or for anything provided to him otherwise as a member shall be in the form appended to these rules and shall be forwarded to the Secretary, Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha.
3. On receipt of the demand note Rule 2, it shall be submitted to the Speaker, who may order the deduction of such amount as may be shown outstanding against the number, and in such equal instalments as he may determine from the salary bill or the TA bill of the member concerned :
Provided that where the recovery is to be made from the salary bill of the member, the monthly instalment so fixed shall not exceed one-third of the salary and allowances admissible to him for any month.
4. In case where any amount is ordered to be deducted from the TA bill of the member, necessary deduction shall be made by the Vidhan Sabha Secretariat but if any deduction is to be made from the salary bill of the member concerned it shall be intimated to the Treasury Officer of the Treasury from which the member draws his salary.
5. An intimation from the Vidhan Sabha Secretariat under Signature of the Secretary, Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha shall be sufficient authority for the Treasury Officer concerned for making necessary deduction from the salary bill of the member concerned.
6. The Treasury Officer, after deducting the amount from the salary bill of the member concerned shall intimate the details of recovery to the Secretary, Madhya Pradesh Vidhan Sabha who shall intimate the same to the authority from whom the demand note was received.
Notification No. 3852-F-4-80 (P.A.)-XXI-A dated 4-2-1980; published in M.P. Rajpatra (Asadharan), dated 6-2-1980 at pages 208-209
[See Rule 2]
A Form Showing the Details of the Dues Outstanding Against Member of the Legislative Assembly