Madhya Pradesh Road Safety Fund Rules, 2017
Published vide Notification No. F - 03 - 01 / 2017/ B-3/two, dated 08.12.2017
Last Updated 6th February, 2020 [mp911]
(1) "Fund" means Madhya Pradesh Road Safety Fund.
(2) "Act" means Motor Vehicle Act, 1988.
(3) "Year" means the Financial Year.
(4) "Fund Controller" means Secretary to Government of Madhya Pradesh, Home Department.
(5) "Madhya Pradesh Road Safety Executive Committee" means the committee constituted by Government of Madhya Pradesh for Road Safety in Madhya Pradesh.
(6) "Road Way" means the Roads within the territory of Madhya Pradesh, which are used for purpose of transportation.
(7) "Safety" means Preventive Measures taken for safe road transport.
(8) "Transport Engineering" means use of modern resources and latest technology for transportation.
(9) "Transport Education" means appropriate knowledge of rules related to transportation.
(10) "Transport Enforcement" means measures taken to ensure smooth transport operations.
(11) "Emergency Care" means care taken during emergency situations created during Road Transportation which includes medical and other care.4. Creation of the Fund/Receipts. - Creation of the Fund shall be under Public Account Head 8235 - General and Other Reserve Fund - 200 - Other Funds - (1416) Road Safety Fund, which shall be created from the amount received through following:-
(1) Grant received from State Government.
(2) Grants received from the Government of India, International Organisation, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) or any other Non-Profitable Organisations for the purpose of Road Safety.
(3) By transfer of Compounding Fees under Motor Vehicle Act, recovered by Home (Police) Department, Government of MP.5. Management of Fund. - (a) The Controller of the Road Safety Fund shall be Secretary, Home Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh, and he shall release funds to the executing agency in respect of the tasks and actions related to Road Safety, post approval from the "Madhya Pradesh Road Safety Executive Committee", in respect of following tasks and actions related to Road Safety :-
(1) Expenses towards activities related to Road Safety for the roads within the state.
(2) Implementation of various measures for collection of funds for the Road Safety Fund.
(3) Expenses towards necessary repair and development works for Road Safety.
(4) Hiring of services of appropriate external agency/specialist consultant for works related to Transport Engineering and Road Safety.
(5) Measures for enhancing Transport Education and Public Awareness and establishing and maintaining Transport Education Park, works related to purchase and distribution of material related to Transport Education and of public benefit and works related to publicity and spreading awareness.
(6) Encouraging involvement of government, non-government organisations, government employees, prominent citizens, students in various activities related to Road Safety and involving them in the functions and events organised for creating awareness about Road Safety, and in arrangements for related trainings.
(7) Publicising Traffic Safety Rules among common man through Celebrity Endorsement and other available media.
(8) Transportation to and coordination with the nearest trauma centre for appropriate medical treatment in the event of accidents and emergency situations under Road Safety.
(9) Organising purchase and maintenance of Quick Evacuation Vehicles and related equipment, for quick and emergent action, provided such vehicles/equipment are not already available.
(10) Sanction of appropriate awards as an appreciation to government officials/common man for admirable contribution towards Road Safety.
(11) Money from State Government Budget Head Demand Number 03 - 2055 - 800 -1416 - State Road Safety Fund, shall be drawn and transferred to the Fund. This shall be shown as receipt under the same Demand Number of the Budget.
(12) Money shall be drawn and spent from Demand Number 03 - Major Head 2055 - 800 - 8333 - State Road Safety Scheme and it shall be recouped time to time from the Head 8235 - 200 - (1416), Road Safety Fund by the order issued by Home Department with prior consent of Finance Department.6. Accounting and Audit of the Fund. - (1) Fund Controller and related executing agency shall be responsible for preparing the details of amount received and amounts disbursed from the Fund and shall prepare the Annual Accounting Report including Utilisation Certificate, Income/Expenditure statement etc. at the year end, as per the Public Account norms of the State Government. (2) Audit of accounts of the Fund shall be done by the Accountant General, at the time/intervals prescribed by them. 7. General. - These rules hereby supersede the Madhya Pradesh Road Safety Fund Rules 1995. 8. Interpretation. - If there be any question about the interpretation of these rules, clarification released by the Home Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh, shall be final.