The Naga Hills Districts (Application of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898) Regulation, 1956
Regulation 1 of 1956
Last Updated 17th February, 2020 [nag015]
Published in the Assam Gazette, Extraordinary, dated the 28th January, 1956.
[Received the assent of the President on the 25th January, 2956]
Notification No. TAD/GA/2/56, dated the 28th January, 1956. - The following Regulation made by the Governor of Assam under Clause (b) of sub-paragraph (1) of Paragraph 19 of the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution of India and assented to by the President of India is published for general information:
Preamble. - Whereas the Governor of Assam is satisfied that it is expedient for the peace and good Government of the Naga Hills District specified in Part A of the Table annexed to paragraph 20 of the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution of India, to bring into force in the area covered by the said Naga Hills District certain sections of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898 as amended heretofore;
Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by Clause (b) of sub-paragraph (1) of paragraph 19 of the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution, the Governor of Assam is pleased to make the following Regulation:
1. Short title, extent and commencement. - (1) The Regulation shall be called the Naga Hills Districts (Application of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1898) Regulation, 1956.
(2) It shall extend to the Districts of Kohima and Mokokchung in the State of Nagaland.
(3) Notwithstanding anything in any other law-
(1) Sub-sections (3), (4) and (5) of Section 117, Sections 118, 121,122, 129, 130, 132-A, 133, 144, 149, 151, 152, 551 and the whole of Chapter XI-C of the Code shall come into force at once and with immediate effect.
(2) Sections 107, 109, 110, 133 (1), 127, 128 and 131, shall come into force at once and with immediate effect with the amendments shown below against each of them:
Sections 107, 109 and 110. - Delete the phrase "in the manner hereinafter provided" in sub-section (1) of Section 107 and in the concluding paragraphs of Sections 109 and 110 respectively.
Section 125(1). - Delete the words "whether within or without the Presidency Town" in between the words "Police Station" and "may",
Sections 127 and 128. - Add the words "or Sub-Inspector of Police or any other officer not below the rank of an Assistant Sub-Inspector or a Havildar" in between the words "Police Station" and "may" in Section 127 and in between the same words in Section 128 after the detention of the words mentioned above.
Section 131. - Add the words "or any non-commissioned officer" and "of".