Rules for the Grant and Execution of the Self Help-Scheme
Published vide Notification No. PDA. 120/76/97, dated the 22nd March, 1977
(a) that it will serve the general interest only.
(b) that it will not be for any religious Institutions or functions.
(c) that it will not be implemented through contractors or hired labours unless the public contribution is there in the shape of cash.
(d) that the land required for any scheme will be made available free from all encumbrances by the beneficiaries concerned .
(e) that only non-Government schemes will be taken up.
(f) that only new schemes will be taken up.
(g) that the location of any scheme will be such that it will serve the interest of the majority of the public.
(h) that the Gaon Panchayat will ensure formal public contribution as stated in para 2, before consideration of any scheme under self-help.5(i). Schemes. - Subject to observance of rules under para 5 normally schemes of following nature may be taken up:
(1) Construction and improvement of Road, Bridges, Culverts, etc.
(2) Construction and improvement of School Building.
(3) Construction and improvement of Students Hostel.
(4) Construction and improvement of Libraries.
(5) Construction and improvement of park and Recreation Centres.
(6) Small Irrigation.
(7) Drinking water supply.
(11) Cottage Industries.The above list is illustrative only. Any other scheme or urgent necessity which will serve the general interest may also be taken up subject to however, fulfilment of other conditions laid down in these rules. 6. Preparation and submission of Plan and estimates. - The Gaon Panchayat according to priority will get Plans and Estimates of each scheme prepared by Block Overseers and submit to the Mohkuma Parishad which in its turn after proper scrutiny will submit the same to Director of Panchayat with its recommendation with intimation to Government. Director of Panchayat will then consider the schemes and submit a consolidated list of the same to Government for sanction of grant for implementation. 7. Distribution of fund. - Director of Panchayat will draw the amount sanctioned and transfer the same to the respective S.D.R.D. fund for disbursement to the Gaon Panchayat concerned for implemeatation of approved schemes only. 8. Supervision. - The Block Development Officer will supervise the execution of the scheme within his jurisdiction. The over-all supervision will however, rest with the Mohkuma Parishad. The Deputy Commissioner/Sub-divisional Officer will over-see the implementation of the schemes in accordance with the plan and estimate. 9. Maintenance of Accounts. - The Gaon Panchayat in order to ensure proper utilisation of fund will maintain account of expenditure and other relevant records as per normal rules and the same will be made available to audit for inspection. 10. Period of utilisation. - The amount of grant should be utilised within financial year during which the sanction is accorded unless further time for utilisation is allowed. Any amount that will remain unutilised within the specified period should be refunded to the appropriate receipt head of account by Deputy Commissioner/Sub-divisional Officer with intimation to the Director of Panchayat, Assam. 11. Submission of monthly expenditure statement. - The Gaon Panchayat will submit according to normal rules statement of monthly expenditure for every scheme during implementation after expiry of each month and within 1st week of the next month to Deputy Commissioner/Sub-divisional Officer, Director of Panchayat and to the Mohkuma Parishad. 12. Submission of quarterly progress report. - The Gaon Panchayat will also submit with the help of the Block Development Officer quarterly progress report with all necessary information for every scheme extending over a quarter of a vear in implementation after expiry of each quarter but within the 1st fortnight of the next quarter to the Director of Panchayat, Assam, Deputy Commissioner/Sub-divisional Officer and to the Mohkuma Parishad. 13. Cost of scheme. - Individual schemes in the range of total estimated cost of Rs. 3,000/- to 10,000/- including public contribution of 50% should only be considered. 14. Submission of completion report. - The Block Development Officer, will submit completion report in respect of every scheme with all supporting information to the Director of Panchayat with any to the Deputy Commissioner/Sub-divisional Officer and to the Mohkuma Parishad. 15. Submission of utilisation certificate. - The Gaon Panchayat will submit utilisation certificate in respect of the amount for every scheme within one month after completion of the scheme to the Director of Panchayat, Assam with copy to the Deputy Commissioner/Sub-divisional Officer and to the Mohkuma Parishad. 16. All Gaon Panchayats participation. - Basically it should be the duty of the each Gaon Panchayat to participate in the scheme for its own local development. However the Mohkuma Parishad should also ensure that each Gaon Panchayat submit its schemes properly and timely in the greater interest of the Mohkuma itself.