1. The Committee may grant festival advance to an employee and such advance shall not in any case exceed one thousand rupees.
2. The Committees shall fix and specify the festival occasion, on which festival advance will be allowed, and in fixing and specifying the festival occasions that Committee shall take into consideration the importance attached locally to such festivals and the opinion of the staff.
3. Festival advance under this part shall not be granted more than once in one calendar year, even if the festival qualifying for the advance falls twice or more in a year.
4. No interest shall be charged on the amount granted as festival advance.
5. The amount of advance granted to an employee shall be recovered in monthly instalments not exceeding ten and the first instalment shall from due from the next month of the disbursement of the advance. The monthly instalments shall be recovered by deduction from the monthly salary of the employee.