The Employment of Children (Orissa Minor Ports) Rules, 1939
Published vide Notification No. 4603-2, P-31/39 Comm., dated the 5th July, 1939, Orissa Gazette, Part 3/7.7.1939
Notification No. 4603-II, P-31/39 Comm., dated the 5th July, 1939. - In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 7 of the Employment of Children Act, 1938 (XXVI of 1938), (he Governor of Orissa is pleased to make the following rules, namely :
1. These rules may be called the Employment of Children (Orissa Minor Ports) Rules, 1939.
2. In these rules "The Act" means the Employment of Children Act, 1938 (XXVI of 1938).
3. An Inspector appointed by the Provincial Government may enter any minor port where persons are employed in any occupation involving the handling of goods and may take on the spot or otherwise such evidence of any persons and exercise such other powers of inspection as he may deem necessary for carrying out the purposes of the Act.
4. Any medical practitioner, registered under the Medical Act, 1858, or under any Act of any Legislature in British India providing for the maintenance of a register of medical practitioners, may grant certificates of age in respect of young persons in employment or seeking employment in minor ports.
5. A certificate of age granted under Rule 4 shall be in the form appended to these rules.
Form of Certificate
I hereby certify that I have personally examined (name................ son of..............(caste, etc.)........... residing at.............. and that he has completed his fifteenth year. His descriptive marks are...........